Chapter 7: Questions

The two girls assisted Kirishima to the lower decks.

"The room nearest the captains is the only one that empty," Jiro told Mina.

"Alright. Kirishima, can you somewhat walk?" Mina asked.

Kirishima had watched his the crew moved using their legs. He slowly stared to add weight to his own legs, but his knees buckled at the sudden change.

"This is hard," he complained.

"It's okay. Let's get you in the room before captain has a fit," Mina spoke.

The two girls dragged Kirishima into the empty room and basically threw him onto the bed.

Kirishima grunted hitting the hard object. "Ow."

"Sorry!" The two girls apologized.

"Don't be. Usually the water softens the force," Kirishima explained using his upper body strength to have himself sitting upwards facing the the girls.

"Captain is going to most likely going to question you. He likes to know he's the top around here," Mina said leaning herself against the wall.

"He calls us extras a lot and when you challenge him, things get...intense."

"Remember the fright between him and Todoroki? Todoroki couldn't work for a week," Mina recalled.

"Kirishima," Jiro called to him.

"Yes?"

"Word of advice, figure out what you are going to say about all those shells on your chest and face."

"Crap. Captain said give him a shirt! Be right back!" Mina exclaimed rushing out the room.

Jiro started to laugh at the other girl.

"I've never seen humans with my own eyes before," Kirishima told the purple haired girl.

"Really?"

"Yeah," a small blush started to appear on his face again. "I've just read about them. I love learning about the different things in life."

The door swung open and appeared Mina and the captain.

"Captain!" Jiro was surprised to see him so soon.

"Ears, go to the top deck," he commanded.

"Yes captain!"

Kirishma shot a confused look to Mina, who replied mouthing the word, nickname.

"Raccoon eyes, come in and close the door," he said sitting on a chair facing Kirishima.

Mina did as she was told and shut the door having the three of them sit there in silence.

"Who are you?" The captain asked.

"I told you my name is Eijiro Kirishima."

"I know that already. What are you doing on this ship?" He grumbled.

"I was in the water and a shark was casing me. Mina saved me. I have a huge fear of sharks," he explained.

"Why were you in the water?"

Kirishima saw Mina hold on a breath and shake her head from side to side.

"My bag fell into the water and I went in to try and retrieve it. The small boat I was in got picked up by the current and I couldn't get to it," he lied. That's when it clicked on him.

He looked around him and thought back to earlier. He had dropped his bag. It was probably sitting in the bottom of the ocean.

"What's with all the shells?" The captain spat back.

Kirishima had to quickly think of what to say. Thankfully, the Jiro warned him beforehand.

"My little sister collected shells and could make them into different things. She made the crown and somehow got them to stick to my skin, but we got separated."

Kirishima thought about his actual sister. 'I'm sorry for doing that to you,' he thought.

"You aren't telling me everything," the blonde said annoyed.

"Captain, he answered your questions. Let him ask some about us," Mina told the captain holding him back in the chair.

"Tsk, whatever. Fire away spiky."

"Who are you guys?"

The captain busted into laugher. "Are you serious? You don't know who we are?" He started to laugh again.

"I wouldn't have asked if I didn't know " Kirishima said blankly.

"Sassy. I like it. We are the Explosions. The most feared pirates that's ever sailed the sea."

Kirishima eyes widened. 'It's actually them!!' He shouted in his mind.

"What's your name? I just knew about the pirates called the explosions, but that's all I know."

"Katsuki Bakugo. You will address me as captain unless said otherwise. Got that?!"

"Yes."

"Raccoon eyes. Take care of him. You'll go back to your chores tomorrow. I'll get icy-hot to do the rest of yours today," Bakugo said getting up from the chair.

"Thank you captain."

"And red," he said calling out Kirishima.

"Yes?"

"Welcome to the ship. Don't piss me off," he said storming out the room.

"Thank goodness that's over," Mina was relieved handing the light, flowing white shirt with long sleeves to Kirishma.

"He's... intense," Kirishima replied putting on the shirt careful not to mess up the crown.

"He's the reason we are called the explosions. His temper could blow up like a bomb," Mina laughed.

"He seems like he gets angry easily."

Mina shook her head. "I have a theory that he's a big teddy bear when it comes to people he's close with," Mina whispered not taking the risk if he would hear her.

"Is he a good leader though?" Kirishima asked wanting to compare him to his father.

"It doesn't seem like it but he cares for all of us on this ship. I couldn't pick a better leader than him," she smiled.

Kirishima smiled. "Why did you tell me to change my tail into legs? Why couldn't he know that I'm a mer-" Kirishma was cut off by Mina's hand quickly coving his mouth.

"That's not a story for now but let's just say that we came in contact with one when we were all still very young and we're basically 'adopted' by the captains parents. It caused so much trouble that it killed his parents and made him take over the ship. Imagine young teenagers running this ship," she laughed a little at the end.

'I wonder who came up to the surface? Was it one of our people or another kingdom?' Kirishima asked himself.

"How old is everyone?" Kirishima asked curious.

"Don't you know it's rude to ask a woman her age?!" Mina replied defensively.

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings," Kirishima panicked.

Mina started to laugh again. "I'm just messing with you. We are all 18-19 years old. What about you?"

"Today's actually my 18th birthday."

"What?! How could you not say this before?!" Mina shouted.

"Because-"

"You are learning how to walk today. It'll be my birthday present to you!" She cut him off.

"Do I get a say so in this?"

"Nope!"