Chapter 10: the crew

"Oh. My. God!" Mina cheered. Kirishima had just blushed in embarrassment. "Another person on this ship is gay!" she cheered.

"What the?!" Kirishima was shocked. "What do you mean another?"

"Almost this whole crew likes the same gender. There's only a few who like the other gender," she explained to him. "The captain is the only one who's a mystery."

"Let me guess, you're trying to figure it out?"

"Yep!"

Kirishima laughed at Mina. "You like to know everything out everyone huh?"

"Everyone has their own secrets. I know you have your own and I'm not going to push it out of you since we just met a few hours ago, but I've been knowing these people since we were all little. I like to know them as much as I can," she smiled.

"I bet you're like the mom of the group."

"Kinda. Momo is the mom out of the girls but everyone else sees me as the mom."

Muffled voices started to so out from above the two. Kirishima was confused at the noise.

Mina's face, however, lit up. She grabbed Kirishima's wrist and started drag him to the main deck.

"Listen," she whispered to Kirishima. They were behind the door. Mina looked like she was waiting for a certain part in the song.

There was a loud and hard beat that sounded like a person stomping on the ground.

Suddenly, Mina swung the door open and started to sing with the rest of the crew.

"Soon may the Wellerman come to bring us sugar and tea and rum. One day, when the tonguing is done we'll take our leave and go," they all sung.

The crew continued to sing and dance to the song.

Kirishima slowly walked away from the door onto the deck.

He turned around and saw the captain up the stairs near the large wheel used to steer the ship.

He walked to the stairs that were near the edge of the ship and walked up.

He noticed Bakugo tapping his fingers on the wheel to the beat of the song.

He slowly walked to Bakugo.

"What do you want red?" He asked changing his grin to a serious face.

"Nothing, sorry. What are they singing Bakugo?" Kirishima asked.

"I told you that you would call me captain," he grumbled.

"Sorry man," he apologized.

"They're singing some song that my parents taught us. It's like a nursery rhyme," he explained.

"It looks like they are having fun," Kirshima smiled looking at the crew dance with each other with smiles on all of their faces.

"Yeah," Bakugo let out.

The two stayed silent as the crew finished the song.

"Alright. Get back to work!" He yelled out. Kirishima was amazed on how the crew scattered to a task to work on.

"Thanks Bak- I mean captain," Kirishima smiled to the blonde.

"For what?" He questioned not understanding why he was being thanked.

"For not throwing me overboard. You could have kicked me into the water but you didn't and now I'm here," Kirishima eyes started to shimmer in the suns rays.

Bakugo felt something in his chest start to feel unnatural. 'What is this?' He asked in his mind.

"I'm not one for being polite in any way, but you're welcome, I guess," he grumbled trying to ignore the weird feeling he kept feeling.

"Kirishima! Come here!" Mina called out to him.

"Coming!" Kirishima walked quickly down the stairs, shocking himself on not falling or tripping, and went over to her.

Bakugo let out a breath. "Why was that?" He said out loud only loud enough for him to hear. His eyes darted to the red head whom he had met that day. His hair flowed to his shoulders but looked like it was in spikes at the same time.

Bakugo couldn't help by show a small smile. He felt...different.

—-

"Kirishima, I think it's time to introduce you to the rest of the crew," Mina told him.

"Already?!" He asked shocked.

"Duh. How else are you supposed to bond with everyone?" She giggled. She then turned to the rest of the girls.

They all had long skirts that had a slit going up to their thigh. They had white blouses with brown jackets. They all had on different necklaces and jewelry.

"Alright girls, state your name!" She announced to the girls causing them to turn to her.

"Tusyu Asui, call me Tsu."

"Kyoka Jiro, but you know me already."

"Toru Hagakure."

"Ochaco Uraraka."

"Momo Yaoyorozu. Everyone calls me Momo."

"Nice to formally meet you all," Kirishima gave with a small bow.

"Pfttt. Dude don't bow. No one here is royalty around here," Jiro started to laugh. The rest of the girls joined in.

Kirishima on the other hand just added in a nervous laughter.

"So Kirishima-" Uraraka started to speak.

"Back to work ponytail, pink cheeks, earphone, invisible chick, and frog! Raccoon eyes is the only one who is free of chores!" Bakugo shouted from where he was standing.

"Yes sir!" They all said together.

"He really can't give time for you to get to know them," Mina mumbled but Kirishima heard what she said.

"It's okay Mina. I bet I'll get to know everyone once I help out around here."

Mina looked shocked a little. "You're not going back under?" She whispered to him.

"No. I never want to go back," he said with a serious face.

Mina let out a breath that she had in. "Why? If you were just running away from your dad then no one major should really be looking for you."

"I said no!" Kirishima shouted loud enough for everyone to hear.

All eyes went on him. He looked around and saw the shocked faces on everyone including Bakugo.

"Sorry," he apologized. Everyone went back to work after the fact.

"I just don't want to go back. I have my reasons," he told her.

"I'm sorry I pushed a little. I shouldn't have done that," Mina let out.

She looked up and saw the sun about to set in the west.

"This is your first time on the surface right?" She asked him quietly.

"Yes, why?"

She grabbed his wrist once again and brought him to the side of the boat.

"This is a sunset. One of the most beautiful things about the surface. Being a pirate, we see this every day where the sky meets the sea, that's called the horizon."

Kirishima looked into the bright sun. He was used to the ripples of sunlight but looking into the sun above the water was completely different.

He was blinded by the rays but he couldn't look away. He was mesmerized and felt like he was under a spell.

"It's beautiful." He let out.

The crew didn't mind about Kirishima's action knowing that he was a mermaid.

Bakugo on the other hand, was confused. He wanted to go down and ask but the smile that was slowly appearing on Kirishima's face made him decide not to intervene.