Chapter 12: Truth

Kirishima couldn't seem to look at Bakugo without turning red.

"I'm not going to ask again," he growled waking closer to Kirishima.

"Well- uh- there was probably some small waves that caused the boat to rock," he scrambled scratching his neck nervously.

"I know your lying but as long no one is in danger, I don't care. Now answer the second question. Who's Midoriya?"

"He was my only friend back where I used to live. My father was pretty strict and when me and my sister left, we left Midoriya," he explained.

Bakugo had walked close to Kirishima and placed both his arms beside Kirishima, trapping him between the boat and Bakugo's arms.

Kirishima fought back every part of his body not to look down at Bakugo's visible abs.

"Tell me this power you were talking about?" He smirked.

Kirishima kept looking away from Bakugo, not being able to keep a cool composure if he looked at him.

"I have no clue what you're talking about Bak- I mean captain."

Bakugo brought his arms to himself, crossing them in front of his chest.

Kirishima let out a breath of relief being free from the trap he was cornered into.

"I hope you don't think I'm stupid, Red," Bakugo snapped walking away from Kirishima.

"I just have secrets I don't want to share. That's all," he admitted trying not to get on Bakugo's bad side.

"I get that," he grumbled. He then turned back to look at Kirishima. "As long as my crew doesn't get hurt because of those so called secrets, I don't care."

Kirishima didn't understand Bakugo at all. At one moment he was pushy and the next, he was understanding.

"I don't get you." Kirishima said loud enough for him to hear.

"And I don't get you. Guess we have that in common."

Bakugo started to walk back to the door that lead to the lower decks of the ship.

"Where are you going?" Kirishima called out to him.

"To bed. I actually sleep at night."

—-

A week later

Kirishima tossed the empty bucket to Jiro as she was about to clean the deck floor.

It has been a week since Kirishima was rescued by Mina and the rest of the crew.

Bakugo still didn't know about who Kirishima was. In fact, no one truly knew his back story, not even Mina.

Mina was Kirishima's closest friend on the ship. She would show him anything he needed to know and taught him anything that his curiosity brought about.

He had also gotten closer to the rest of the crew, including the boys.

"I don't know about you guys but I'm starving!" He complained to the girls jokingly.

"Then you should go downstairs and eat a little bit. The next island stop isn't for another couple days," a blue hair boy walked by and said.

"Think I might take you up on that one Iida." Kirishima smiled.

"Dont be gone for too long!" Momo told him.

"No promises!" He jogged to the door that lead to the lower dock.

He made his way to the food supply and grabbed an apple.

He had learned how to move around much better and he started to try new foods.

Kirishima leaned against the wall and started to eat the bright red apple.

That was until he heard a series of footsteps that sounded odd.

Usually you would here soft steps from above but these were different. They came in at one time, hard.

Nothing lead up to them, they just suddenly happened.

He snuck his way to the door but stayed hidden by it, not going outside.

"Shigiraki, I didn't realize we got in your territory," A voice grumbled.

'Shigiraki's here?!' Kirishima questioned. He pressed his ear against the door to listen where the conversation was going.

"Bakugo, long time no see. How's the crew?" Shigiraki's raspy voice spoke out.

"Why the hell are you on my ship? You always send one of your minions."

"I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that," another voice popped in.

"I'm not here to pick a fight for once," Shigiraki said.

"That's a first," Bakugo chuckled.

"The mermaid prince is missing. If you find a mermaid swimming around, capture him. His father is extremely worried."

Kirishima gulped hearing what was being said. 'Mina is going to question me like hell later.'

Kirishima knew that his father didn't miss him. He just wanted the crowned prince back not his son.

"You know my opinion about stupid mermaids. They are greedy and only care about themselves," Kirishima heard Bakugo yell out.

"I'm just passing the word. Dabi, let's go. I feel that I'm going to punch this brat if I stay here any longer."

"Yes sir."

The two voices disappeared whenever splashes of water were heard.

Kirishima opened the door, holding the Apple core in hand. "Was there anyone on the ship? I heard voices," he acted innocent.

"Don't worry about it and get back to work," Bakugo huffed, turning walking to his office.

Kirishima let out a nervous laugh once the door slam shut leaving the rest of the crew on the deck.

"Kiri, you have some explaining to do and you better not lie," Mina gave him a death stare.

The stare brought a chill down his spine.

"Well, um, you see, I may or may not be the..." he started to mumbled out. "Prince."

He didn't say it loudly but it was loud enough for the rest of the crew who knew he was a mermaid to hear.

"Oh. My. Goodness!" Mina shouted. A smile formed on her face stretching from ear to ear.

"You're not mad that I didn't tell you guys?" Kirishima asked preparing to get attacked by the group.

"We are surprised by it, but it's rare to have a mermaid come up to the surface," Todoroki piped in with his monotone voice.

"Oh." Kirishima let out. "Are you guys going to turn me in?"

Everyone looked at one other, not sure how to answer.

"Hell no. You told me you ran away for a reason. If you are unhappy there then I would beg the captain for you to stay on this ship," Mina announced.

Kirishima's eyes began to water. "Thank you," he let out hugging Mina. "I hate it down there and if I go back I'm just going to be another face that my father controls."

"You're happy here and that all that counts," Mina cooed to him rubbing his back, calming him down.

"We should get back to work before the captain comes back out," The boy with a black lightning bolt in his blonde hair spoke.

"Good idea, Kaminari."

Mina and Kirishima broke away from there hug and everyone got back to there task at hand.

But Kirishima kept getting this strange feeling. He felt like that the crew would run into Shigiraki again. He had a bad feeling.