~5~

🎼I managed to slip in as the bell rang and blend into the crowd of students as they all hurried to their next classes. I hurried to my locker to collect my books for music class and tried to play it cool. But for once in my entire life, I wasn't in the mood for music class.

I caught my own dad cheating on my mum with his secretary! It was such a cliche. I didn't think those kinds of things really happened, I thought it was just a cheap beginning to every rom-com of this century. Ugh, don't think about that now. Survive the day then go home and tell mum. I can just imagine her heartbroken, sitting on the couch weeping while holding a martini in her hand trying to drink away her problems. Another cliche...

What's more painful? That my dad cheated or that my parents are common?

"Angie, you okay?" I jumped when I heard Henry's voice. I turned to look at him as he gave me a concerned look.

"I'm fine."

He did not look convinced but he didn't push. He was good a that, just being there but not hovering.

"I've got to get to class. I'll see you after school," I said then quickly walked to the music room. On one side of the room it was all cozy with plush old couches, a couple of bean bags, music stands and a whiteboard, then on the other side there was a little stage with a piano. Everyone was already lounging on the couches and bean bags talking amongst themselves and pleasantly enough this time no one took notice of me.

"You're back, I thought the whole point of ditching school is to - you know, go and not come back?" A male voice whispered sending a shiver down my spine. I knew who it was but why the hell was he in my music class.

"Well, what about you? You came back."

"What are you talking about? I never left," he sounded like he was telling the truth but I could feel him smiling. I only turned my head to look at him and I realised how close he was standing. "Who skips school on their first day?" he smirked.

"Class is about to start," I said so I could get away from him.

No matter how good he looked with that smirk, the leather jacket and those warm brown eyes... He was still that jerk that picked on me and Henry. That smirk didn't seem so pretty when I thought about the snake tongue again. That was probably my imagination and yet it imprinted on my mind. I chose to sit in a chair a little separate from the others and Blaz sat next to Marcy. A sweet girl who was in my maths class. He rested his arm around her shoulders and started talking to her causing many blushes and giggles. I wasn't bothered by it I just felt sorry for her. My teacher Mrs Johnson walked in and everyone quieted down while she sat on her wheelie chair. For the rest of the lesson we had a little fun playing instruments, making music that sounded a little off but I just played my part ignoring everyone, and making my own music on the flute. Blaz played the guitar but he didn't seem really into it.

I still couldn't get over that he was in this class, it didn't seem like something like he'd be into. Doesn't this just mess up the bad boy act?

When class was over and everyone rushed to leave but I took my time and hung back. I waited for everyone to go including Mrs Johnson, and Blaz then marched over to the piano. Playing it always made me feel better, helped clear up the mess swarming in my mind. I felt so heavy in my chest as I thought about my parents, wondering how long dad had been with someone else. Thought about my mother and wondered if she had a hint of what was going on? Would she have ignored it?  I placed my hands on the piano and tried to think of something to play, since today was officially a dreary day I started playing around, making up my tune. I ended playing a few chords on repeat, dawdling, unable to think ahead or find a better key. I gazed over my shoulder, making sure I was alone and was satisfied that the door was closed and that my teacher didn't seem to care I was in here.