~4~

🎼I kept my hood up while walking down the street and thankfully everyone was too busy to notice me. I managed to get to Romano's Coffee shop without getting caught. I looked through the shop's window to see that it was almost empty and I walked inside up to the counter. Right then, I heard my dad's voice on the other side of the room. Can't be him he's in New York working on something...

OK, I'm not too sure what he's doing because I don't really listen but when I turned around I see him in the usual grey business suit, clean-cut brown hair, shaven face and dark blue-grey eyes. What's he doing back so early? Shoot I can't let him see me. However I noticed his secretary sitting across from him, she's a pretty redhead with long slender legs and wearing a similar business suit but a mini black skirt. I'm not worried of course, he would never cheat on mum.

"Can I help you?" The lady behind the counter asked. I turned my attention back to her and she gasped when she saw my face. I pulled my hood moreover my face and shook my head and started heading towards the door. I took one last look at them and saw my own dad holding the slutty secretary's hand and my whole body went numb. There are no words to describe what I'm truly feeling write but let's just say that I'm not sad I'm furious and confused and did I mention angry! How could he do this to her? Isn't he happy with us? Does he hate mum? Does the slut make him feel happy about his life? Does he feel more like a man when he's double-timing? How long has he been with her? So many heartbreaking questions. I hate him. I hate her but most of all I hate him. I wrapped my arms around my torso to warm me up then all of a sudden it started to rain without warning. Perfect that's just great. I kept on walking letting the water soak into my clothes but not actually feeling it because I'm too hurt to even care. That's when I finally started to cry silently. I don't know how long I've been crying, but by my guess a while, because I finally stopped walking as the rain halted and looked up to see I was at some abandoned street. How did I not realise I've been walking the wrong way? The street was filled with two-storey buildings that look as if they hadn't had a good clean in a really long time. I realised it was time that I should head back to school.

I heard gunshots in that don't sound like they're too far away. Some man came out running from a building but I can't see his face because like me he's hidden under a hood. Big bulky men came running after him. The big men have white wings tattooed on their arms and look like they're more floating across than running on the concrete. The one under the black hood knocked me back trying to get past and I felt my head smacking onto the concrete. The other men ran past me leaving me limp on the ground like roadkill. I was about to curse out at them but bit my lip as one golden-haired man knelt down, his grey eyes scanning me as he took my hand and pulled me back to my feet.

"Sorry sweetheart are you OK?" he said his voice smooth as silk.  I felt my hood fall off and instantly I rushed to pull it back on but he stopped me. I expected him to gasp but he didn't he just looked at me.

"I'm fine thank you," I responded, and he still stood there staring at me. Might I just add that he was the living Adonis, he was a gorgeous adult, maybe thirty or up and yet there was a youthfulness to his expression.

I distanced myself from him and I pulled my hood up while I walked around him, feeling his eyes burning into my head. After a few steps, I looked behind to see him continuing on in the direction of all the other men. Part of me was saying go back to school the other side of me was so curious, so mystified by the whole scenario. I must be insane. I considered how much time I have left before the school break would end. I still had half an hour. If I waited too long on decision making I would miss my chance so, I started following them. Being as discreet and careful as I could as I watched the golden man turn around a corner into an alley.  Why am I doing this? This is mad. What am I doing?

Math was boring and if I had to sit through random equations while picturing my cheating father in my head I would have gone further insane. So, I crept on tippy toes to the alleyway and climbed up the fire escape so I could watch them at a distance as they huddled together. I watched the big guys in long grey coats mouths move and talking to the guy in the hood, but I couldn't make out what they were saying. From the looks of their faces, they didn't look like they wanted to trade pleasantries. Then the blonde-haired man prowled towards the hooded person, now with a gun in his hand.

This morbid curiosity kept me quiet, kept me complicit in the crime happening before me. I know I should scream, give this hooded person a chance to escape. My heart was racing and I suddenly had trouble breathing. Was this what a panic attack feels like? I closed my eyes, took a deep huge breath then screamed out an inhuman racket, felt it shake my body as it coursed its way out my mouth. It was slightly different to last time, ringing at a higher frequency but it was equally frightening. When I stopped I was able to hear them screaming at each other in panic.

"It's a trap! He's not alone! " one said, then he scampered off with the others. All except the man with the gun who stood his ground, keeping his stance straight. Even I can smell his fear. I tried growling and he looked up at the roof but I ducked back from his view just in time.

"You're lucky this time Hell hound."

"Get lost coward," the hooded person spat back. The voice sounding so familiar. Footsteps pounded away before everything went silent. I counted to a minute then gazed nervously over the ledge, and caught a glimpse of the black-hooded guy gazing back at me.

Was that Blaz? Before I could get a better look he ran away.