Chapter Nineteen

Newt's POV

It's the middle of the night, and I'm completely unaware of the time. It's still dark out, and I can barely see my hand in front of my face. I can only imagine what it's like for Teddy and the others. There is so much happening right now I can barely wrap my brain around it. Luckily I've gotten some sleep, I'm just unaware of how long. I woke up to a nightmare, which is strange because I never gotten one before. Teddy used to get them quite frequently, I remember she would wake up in cold sweat or gasping for air.

In my dream there was a girl there, with blonde hair and brown eyes. We were looking outside the window at snow falling from the sky. I called her Lizzie, a few times, but I don't know what that could mean. A memory, maybe? Then these men came in and took her, then me. The rest of the nightmare after that is mostly a blur.

I lay on the ground next to the Corridors and just think, I know that's what Teddy would do. There are faint noises of the boys around me snoring, and I hear some of the walls changing in the Maze. I pray over and over that they will all make it out of there safely. Just the thought of the Maze infuriates me! Why do those bloody creators have to ruin my life!? I just want my friends back!

I feel a tear trickle down my cheek on accident, but quickly wipe it away. Quietly I stand up and guide myself in the darkness a few feet to the concrete wall. I plop down, leaning the back of my head onto the wall. "Please make it Teddy." I whisper to myself. "For me. And Chuck. And your friends. We love you- I love you."