oo8. 𝑡𝑟𝑦𝑖𝑛𝑔

——————————————————————————

~AURADON PREP~

THEA AND THE GROUP WALKED OUT OF THE LIMO, most shaken from the life-threatening events that happened today. Mal was walking next to Ben awkwardly as he had been acting very weird in the car.

Jane, who conveniently found them all walking out of the limo, quickly rushed towards Ben, finally pulling him away for cotillion final touches.

The group of VK's came up to Thea, just as Talana and Avery left to change and prepare for the night that awaited them. Evie quickly grabbed her arm, beginning to drag them away. "We need to talk."

"Yeah." Mal spoke to the other three finally trying to drag them away.

"No!"

Carlos' voice made the four suddenly stop, Thea turning around to meet his eyes. "No?" She asked.

"You guys are always going off in a huddle, whispering your girl talk stuff or whatever, and Jay and I are tired of it."

"I'm not."

The group laughed at Jay's comment.

"We're your family, too." Carlos continued, his eyes pleading with the girls. "In the time we've been here, We've been through a lot together. We're not stopping that now, okay?"

The group remained quiet before Carlos spoke yet again. "Everyone sit."

The group looked around at each other, questioning the situation. Soon the group sat in the green grass, forming a circle for each other. Thea, on the other hand, remained standing up.

"Come on. You too." Carlos nodded towards where Thea was standing. Thea took the seat between Sakai and Carlos, who was holding the cute dog  until Dude came and sat in her lap.

"I don't know how to start girl talk." The group chuckled at Carlos.

"What's up?" Jay tried.

"Um, well..." Mal spoke. " I'm a mess.
I'm such a mess. I mean, six months ago, I was, you know, stealing candy
from babies, and now everybody wants me to be this Lady of the Court. And I have no idea how to keep up the act."

"Then don't." Carlos replied, saying as if it were so simple.

"See, this was dumb." Jay stated, a scoff escaping his mouth as he tried to get up.

"It's isn't this simple, Jay. Maybe it isn't dumb." Thea hurried, making Jay look at her before sitting back down.

"We're always gonna be the kids from the Isle." Evie said, looking to the ground in pain, hurt, and suffering, but she knew her roots. She had to embrace them, not hide them. "tried to forget it.
I really tried, but those are our roots. And we all did what we had to do to survive. But it made us who we are. And we're never gonna be like anybody else here. And that's okay."