A New Mission

Mulai dari awal

-Uhm... Thank you very much, Sir. But... What kind of mission is this? – You ask him and Evelyn waits to hear it too.

-We found out last month about a jewelry theft from a mafia. We are trying to get them since then, but we don't know their identity yet. – You two listen carefully. – But with informants, we found out that the mafia representatives will meet their buyers soon. – He says.

-Buyers? – You ask.

-Yes. They stole diamonds. Plenty of them. But what they want is not the diamonds. It's the money. So, they must sell the diamonds, but it's not that easy. They need to meet the buyers and make the exchange without being discovered. – The boss explains and you two nod. – We found out that they are going to meet at a big resort and we want to catch them in the act.

-Good. And what we must do? – You ask.

-Right, I'm going to explain that now. – He says. – You, Mrs. Y/L/N, are going there disguised to investigate them and find who is the representative and the buyer. – You nod. – You will have a partner and you will be his fake wife. – He says and you make a confused expression.

-Uhm... Sorry. I think I didn't understand, Sir. – You say.

-Your mission is to be in fake marriage, go to that resort, socialize with all the important people until you find good information. – He says and you stay quiet. You never thought you would be in a mission like that. – What do you say? Do you accept? I must say that this mission is also a promotion for you two. It's a dangerous mission, but I'm sure the payment is worth it. – He says leaning on his chair waiting for your answer.

-I accept, Sir. – Evelyn says. You are still thinking about it. You never got a mission that was this dangerous. But... Was not for it that you wanted to be a police officer? Are you going to keep avoiding these situations forever? Evelyn looks at you. You sigh deeply.

-I'm in. – You say and the boss nods. – Who is my partner?

-We chose someone very experienced. He is the best one of our company. He has experience in this kind of mission. He was in fake marriages before. His name is Johnny Suh. – The boss says and Evelyn widens her eyes. – I think Mrs. Jones knows him.

-Oh. Yeah... I've heard about him before. – She says.

-I see. – The boss says. – So, as you agreed, you have a meeting with him and your superior to know the details and to start the preparation. – You and Evelyn nod. – You can go now.

-YES, SIR! – You and Evelyn say together and get out of the room. You two go to your desks, that are one in front of the other. You roll with your chair until you reach Evelyn.

-Psst! Evelyn! – You whisper to her and she looks at you. – What was that now? Have you seen that kind of mission before? – You ask her in a low tone.

-Yes. I work here for a long time now. I have seen it before. But don't worry. I know you got this. – She says whispering too.

-I don't know... I was thinking if I really should have accepted that. You agreed so fast. Are you not afraid? Is it not your first time? – You ask.

-Well... It's our job, after all. It's not my first time. You also have been in dangerous missions before and always did it well. It will be good for our career and they are gonna pay us very well. – She says and you nod. "That's right. I have to trust on my skills more." You think.

-Yeah. You are right. – You pause for a moment. - So, my partner is Johnny Suh... Do you know him? – You ask her.

-Yes, I do. – She answers.