31: Archie

"I would hug but you got something on your cheek and your forehead," non other than Archie Andrews grins to Betty. She puts her hands on her all red faces, wipes my stuff away with her hands but then she runs to the bathroom. I chuckle. The perfect timing. I have only my boxers on so I grab my jeans and put those on too. "Hey," I smile slightly as buttoning my jeans. "Hey," he chuckles. He knows his timing.

Betty comes back to the room. She puts shorts on. Then she comes to me blushing still a bit. I wrap my arm around her and rub her shoulder, it's gonna be okay. I guess she is nervous. She doesn't have to. "It's okay," I whisper her but then I realize Archie is staring at us and we should matbe say something more to him too than a hey. "Relax Archie, you want coffee or something else?" I ask. He laughs nervously and says yes to coffee. I go to the coffee maker and put that thing to work.

We sit on the table, the silence isn't comforting. Can somebody just fucking say something. "I'm sorry I just showed like this. Timing was perfect what I heard and what I saw on Bettys face.." he chuckles and Betty blushes. I just laugh. "But I wasn't sure if you wanna meet me if I would have called or texted and asked. So I thought this might be my only chance," he continues. "Of course we would have met you Arch. And I'm sorry you have to see us like that," Betty says, still blushing. "I have heard you before. Not the first time. No worries," he laughs. He is right, not the first time.

I don't know what to feel. It just so weird. Even though we talked things out with Betty, this is now real. Him in front of us. Now is the time to make a final move if you ever gonna make it. We said our goodbyes in good terms, or at least I made him and myself to believe it. But of course I was little (or more) upset. He was my best friend. And he kissed her. My girl. The one I was already talking about marriage, we were making big plans for the future. And what I know, Betty was the one who backed out. So. What he was really feeling?

"I'm happy to see I didn't ruin you guys. I'm glad you stuck together. Reggie and Ronnie didn't know your situation when I asked them years ago. Are you guys married, no kids?" Archie asks. Oh my god.. I can't believe, I forgot how stupid he can be. He doesn't think much before he speaks. "That's where you are so wrong. We haven't seen each other for seven years. We met few weeks ago. So no ring, no family," I say and I'm a bit annoid for his assumptions. And those things, I fucking hate the fact there is no ring, no family. Betty places her hand on my lap and strokes. I look at her and her smile calms me down. "I'm sorry Archie. I didn't mean to sound mean. It just. Lots have happened and it ain't all good," I say and taking a sip from my coffee.

. . . . .

"I'm sorry guys. Then it was right decision to come here. I'm here to apologize. So I'm sorry, for everything. I was lost then. I shouldn't have used Betty as a distraction from my mess," Archie apologizes and he looks so sad. "Arch. It's okay. It was our mistake, my fault too. It was hard spring for all of us. I have been feeling quilty for this for so long. Jug made me realize, it's time to let go," I say.

"I was mad at you yeah. Fuck you kissed my girlfriend. But you told me. And I said that it was okay. It really wasn't but Betty and me, we screw our relationship. We didn't talk, we just left. We waited seven years. We met few weeks ago and started to talk, for hours and days. It's was just a stupid kiss, we were teens. But we should have talked then. That was our biggest mistake. We ruined seven years of our lifes," Jug opens up too and looks down. I take his hand on mine. "But that's past. Now we are done ruining any lifes," I say and kiss Jugs cheek.

"So can you forgive me?" Archie asks one more time. I look at Jug. "We forgive you, of course. Dude," Jug says and smacks Archie's back on his hand. They laugh. "So. You two are back, like really really? Or just fooling around?" Arch grins. "We are back," I smile and sit on Jugs lap. He wraps his arms around me. "Never letting this one go again," he says and kisses my neck.

We ended up talking about our past weeks for next couple hours. We told what have we done with the others, what's going on with our folks and Archie told about his life. He hasn't inform the others that he is here. It wasn't sure if he made it so he didn't want to tell earlier. We had fun, it was like back in high school and when we were kids. We have so many good memories. We have been friends so many years.

I was happy though Arch came today and not earlier. We had our time with Jug and our relatioship was more than fine in this point. Steady. We had our time to be just us and heal together. Archie being back, it doesn't change anything. We just got one of our friend back. One more.

Old gang, new tricks 💀:
B: So our morning was interrupted with one red head and I don't mean my cousin.
V: Archie!?
R: Whaaaaat? Really, Andrews back?
F: What we heard was someone banging on their door, then yelling, banging and I'm quite sure someone got finished and the thing there was going on wasn't interrupted at all. 🥴
J: Oh my god can you just stop spying and listening on us?
K: We try, believe me..
T: So I quess we were lucky to be outside at this morning.
C: So what's the plan?
V: Plan is to decorate our venue today at six. Everyone there, we bring food and you help us?
B: Sounds good. We inform Arch. Should we add him here?
R: Hell yeah. We see you at six! 🍔🎈

We tell Archie the plan. I add him to our group chat and Jug warns him about the discussions. They are nothing like they used to be. They are so much worse. He just laugh and is eager to see everyone. Good old Archie, looking things with smile on his face.

. . . . .

Archie hung with us all day. It was a suprise and yeah at the wrong moment, but it all turned out well. We talked about things during the day and we found our peace with it. It felt nice. Final closer for those things which made so much damage. Shit this took time. We were stupid. Me, Betty and Archie all agreed for that, we all made it worse, we were dumb as fuck. But now I have my best friend back and my girlfriend. Us three have been spending our time together since kids. Feels so fucking great that we are right there again. And just before six o'clock we arrived the venue where other guys already were.

"Archie!!" the yelling comes from all of them and everyone starts to hug him. "So you three are thing again?" Cheryl asks. "If you mean friends, yeah. He showed up on our door and here we are," I say. "I found Betty here behind the door Jugs stuff all over her face" Archie laughs and I'm trying to hide my laugh by covering my mouth with my hands. I know one person who doesn't laugh.. Betty is blushing, but Archie made a mistake. "You are gonna regret that one, you should run, like now," she shouts to Archie who has already taken one smack on his arm from my girl. Then they run around the yard of the venue and it's looking hilarious. Rest of us stay standing where we were and just laugh to these two, they were like kids.

"Well you had have some day Jones, I'm still prosessing the timing of his arrival, perfect for your complex story," Ronnie says. "Why did she get the door like that? I wouldn't," she goes on. I chuckle. I guess I just need to get used to talk subjects like these with them. This is never gonna stop. "We tried to yell the one behind the door away. But he just kept banging. I didn't mind Betty doing her thing to the end. But it came clear the banging wouldn't have stopped ever. We thought it was one of you and that's why Betty didn't shy going on the door," I tell them. "I see. So you are traumatizing us and you even don't care. Thanks," Kevin grins. "You are boring, all of you, I just realized" I smirk. "Should we be helping with something or what?"