06: The first day

Betty:

I wake up and I'm stunned. What? I slept after the nightmare, never done that before! How is that possib...

Jughead. He is laying right there, sleeping at the end of the bed. Is this because of him? He's the reason I slept? He was stroking my feet before I must fell asleep, I did feel that. Or did I imagine that.. but I remember I was calm and I am still calm. Which is weird because I'm not at work, I'm in Riverdale and with the one person who kind of scares me. His feelings scare me like shit.

He looks adorable when he sleeps. I missed him so much. He was my comfort, my rock, my everything. Maybe he still is all that? Because I slept.

Last night was so intense. It was fun, but scary and weird too. Yet, I survived. I'm a bit angry to Vee even though in the end, maybe this is okay. We got through the first meeting and from now on it has to be easier. And with them, I felt safe somehow. After all these years.

Jug starts moving around and waking up. "Betty! Shit. I'm sorry! I fell asleep in your bed," he is wide awake in seconds and looks like he is afraid of my reaction. I have to grin for his shuffling. "No it's okay Jug. It was me who begged you to come sit here in the middle of the night. It's no wonder you fell asleep," I try to calm him and smile more.

"Hmh. How did you slept?" he's calming down, asks and smiles back. He looks relaxed and lean his hand, laying on his side.

And out of nowhere all I want to do is tell him how special the night was. "I slept. That's the thing here. I never fall back to sleep if I wake up during the night. So this was a surprise". I bite my lip whilewaiting his response for my revelation. He looks serious.

And he wants to know more, or course he does. "This happens a lot?" Jug wants to know and I can't tell him that. I'm not feeling calm anymore and it feels already harder to breathe. "No, not at all," I just gasp and move my gaze to thw window trying to avoid his eyes. He is little suspicious, I feel that but he doesn't dig more.

"How are you feeling after last night? You were quite wasted," he then smirks but looks worried. I understand him, that Betty wasn't familiar to him. But for me, sadly normal. "It was nothing. I'm good. The walk did good I think. And I'm used to wine so it doesn't get to me," it really doesn't anymore. Normally it just puts me to sleep without nightmares. "Wine huh?" he looks at me raising his brows. "Yale did that," my turn to give him little smirk.

We get up out of the bed. I walk to the window, it's a beautiful day. "I should go and get changed. And get a shower," Jug heads to the door. I nod and tell him I'm gonna do the same.

"It's not breakfast time anymore but lunch at Pops? Can we do that?" he asks and I can tell he really wants to go. And I really want to go too. "Yeah, it would be nice. Come and knock at my door when you are ready to go," I tell him and I realize I have a big smile on my face. "Great. I can't wait. Pops food I mean," he smirks. Oh my god I missed that smirk too!

As he is entering to the hallway, I need to stop him.
"Wait Jug. Thanks for the night. You didn't have to," I needed to say that. "It was nothing and I wanted to be there for you," he wanted to be here. He is so good, his heart is so kind. "Don't tell Veronica though," I add, I don't wanna tell her about my nightmares. It's already awful that Jug knows. "Okay. See ya."

He was gone and I have that smile on my face still and it's a real one.

. . . . .

Jughead:

I close my door and resting my back towards it. I close my eyes and sigh. Even though it was a little bit (or more) messy, it was the best night in years. I think she enjoyed it too. Or it wasn't awful at least. After all these years there is still this connection, I can feel it. It's easy with her. To be there for her.