"What's that you've got there, Potter?" He asked Harry.

It was Quidditch Through the Ages. Harry showed him.

"Library books are not to be taken outside the school," Snape said.

"That's — that's not even a rule!" Remus cried.

"Give it to me. Five points from Gryffindor."

"He's just made that rule up," Harry muttered angrily as Snape limped away. "Wonder what's wrong with his leg?"

"Dunno, but I hope it's really hurting him," Ron said bitterly.

"Same, Ron. Same." James and Sirius said together.

The Gryffindor Common Room was very noisy that evening. Harry, Ron, Hermione and Cassiopeia sat next to a window. Hermione was checking their Charms homework for them while Cassiopeia was reading the Astronomy book. She would never let them copy, but by asking her to read it through they got the right answers anyway. Harry rolled his eyes. Really, how stupid she could be?

He felt restless. He wanted Quidditch Through the Ages back to take his mind off his nerves about tomorrow. Why should he be afraid of Snape?

"That's the spirit!" Sirius cheered.

Getting up, he told Ron, Hermione and Cassiopeia that he was going to ask Snape if he could have it.

"Better you than me," Ron and Cassiopeia said together.

Ted shook his head at his daughter.

He looked helplessly at Hermione and gave her a look that he knew she could never resist. "Fine!" She said, sighing in frustration and stood up.

Taking his hand, Hermione lead him towards staffroom and knocked. There was no answer. She looked at Harry curiously. He shrugged. So she knocked again. Nothing.

Perhaps Snape had left the book in there? It was worth a try. Harry pushed the door ajar and peered inside and a horrible scene met their eyes.

"Wonder what it could be?" Peter said thoughtfully.

Snape and Filch were inside, alone.

"My kids didn't need to see that." James said in disgust.

Severus, who was red in face, glowered at him and Sirius, who can't stop laughing.

"But I thought that Filch and Mrs Norris were married." Evans Rosier said.

"We all thought that." Barty Crouch Jr said.

"Either he is cheating on Mrs Norris with Snape," Regulus said, "or he is cheating on Snape with Mrs Norris. The first one seems to have more chances." He said nodding to himself.

"Hmmm. It could be possible," Barty said.

"Silence!" Dumbledore said. "Continue, Mr Potter." He said to Fleamont.

Snape was holding his robes above his knees. One of his legs was bloody and mangled. Filch was handing Snape bandages.

"See," Snape said furiously. "It wasn't what you all thought it was."

"Well it could be a possibility you know," Regulus said. "The way it was written you would think it was that."

"Blasted thing," Snape was saying. "How are you supposed to keep your eyes on all three heads at once?"

"He went to the forbidden corridor?" Lilly said.

"Shut the door, you idiot!" Hermione hissed quietly at Harry.