Feel My Love

Nedra

"Mom you are too late now." I held Twan's hand and stepped around her.

"Nedra. Please!"

"Now you want to talk and be here when I wanted you to be here for me for so many years. I never did anything that was good enough for you. Then the one day that is the most important to me you don't even attend, but show up afterwards." I shook my head pulling Twan towards the limo.

"Twan get her to talk to me." She pleaded.

I looked at Twan and dared him to even ask me to do so. He looked unsure, but I knew he was gon' be my voice of reason.

"Ned you won't be at peace until you talk to her, so go ahead and talk to her. I want you mentally and emotionally with me tonight." He bent down and kissed me.

"Fine." I turned back to my mother and folded my arms.

"Nedra first I wanna apologize for my behavior all these years, but charge it to my head and not my heart. I have a disorder and it causes my moods to vary. I just found out a few months ago. Nedra I have always loved you and been proud of you and your sister. I am a manic depressant and it all started back when you were in college. I brushed it off because I thought that maybe I was going through menopause."

I stood there not saying anything. I just stared at her not knowing how to respond.

"I haven't been taking my medicine because I feel like an invalid depending on that medicine. I just want you to forgive me and let us try to work on our relationship." She looked at me pleadingly.

I stared at her taking everything all in. I always felt like something was kinda off with her because I noticed in my last year of high school I saw changes in her attitude and moods.

"Mom I wish you would have told me months ago. I spent so many days and nights questioning myself. I felt like I just was not good enough. That's one of the reasons Netra left. You need to take your medicine."

"I will, but just promise that you will forgive me."

"Momma I forgive you and we will talk real soon. I love you."

"I love you too and you have yourself a wonderful man."

"I know." I walked off and Twan was standing against the limo with his arms folded.

He looked so good in his tux and I couldn't wait to get him outta of his tux.

"Baby let's get outta here. I ready to make love to my husband."

He smiled and opened the door to the limo and I got in and he followed. The ride to our destination was quite as we sat close to one another. I was the happiest and luckiest woman in the world.

*********

We were in the elevator at the Ritz Carlton and I was pressed close to my Twan as he held me at my waist. The elevator finally came to our floor and we stepped off. We walked hand in hand to the front of our door. Twan stuck the keycard and hit the lights. I looked around in amazment. He had rose petals trailing through the room.

"Twan this is beautiful."

"No you are beautiful."

I smiled and let him lead me to the bedroom which had rose petals on the bed and the floor. I saw champagne chilling on ice sitting on the nightstand.

"Baby I can't wait another minute."

Twan

I looked at my wife's beautiful face and I knew that I would go above and beyond to make her happy. Tonight I was gon' show her how much I loved, cherished and respected her.