Let You Know

Twan

August had just pulled up to my house and I see that Ned was here. I sighed and ran my hand down my face in frustration.

"Twan you gon' be alright?" Desire asked in a concerned tone.

"Yeah. I'm good."

"Desire you shoulda's asked did he need us to stay fa' reinforcement, cause you know how Ned is."

"August. Now is not the time dude."

"It's all good Desire. My nigga got jokes now." I dapped Aug and told Desire bye. I got out the truck and headed for the door. I knew she was probably gon' leave my black ass outside cause she just that damn evil at times.

I walked up to the door and rung the bell. I stood there with my head down tryin' my best to contain my anger. I was beyond pissed at Ned because she should know betta than to think I would disrespect her like that. I waited and I knew she heard the bell the first time. She probably was sitting there looking at the door.

I looked back and August and Desire were still sitting there in my driveway. I think they betta because Ned gon' make my black ass go hood on her ass if she don't open this damn do'. I started banging on the door like a crazy person.

"NED OPEN THIS FUCKIN' DO'!" I yelled not caring if the neighbors heard my ghetto ass. A few seconds later the door opened. I looked back at August and threw my hand up. He backed out and I slammed the front door.

I leaned up agaisnt it and folded my arms across my chest. I watched her as she sat on the sofa like she didn't take my car and leave me damn near stranded. She acted like she didn't give a fuck.

"So you gon' act like you wasn't wrong?"

She didn't say nothing she got up and walked into the kitchen. She was really trying my patience. As soon as she got to the fridge I was hot on her heels. She went to open it and I slammed it shut, turning her around as I trapped her in-between me and the fridge.

"Ned don't play wit me. You know yo ass was way outta of line fa' how you treated me." The muscle in my jaw ticked as my eyes bore into her.

"Twan you got random bitches coming up to you smiling and shit like y'all be having rendevous and shit. I asked yo black ass what was up, but you say you can't tell me. Now why the fuck is that?" She poked me in my chest.

"Ned if I tell yo hot-headed ass its nothing and to trust me you should. Have I ever given you any reason to believe that I would do anything that would jeopardize us? Have I!" I banged my hand against the fridge and it caused her to jump.

"No, bu-"

"No Nedra. I have been loyal and faithful to you. I don't hide nothing from you. You got the passwords to every electronic device that I have, so tell me why in the fuck would I try to do dirt knowing that? Whoever them niggas was before me, got you fucked up. I see now you really don't trust me and the one time that I was tryna to make something a surprise and special for you, you go the hell off."

"Twan I'm sorry. What what was I supposed to think?"

"Think that yo man loves you and respects you. Hell you shouldn't have to think that you should know that. Since you wanna know so damn bad I'ma tell you what's the deal." I walked off towards the stairs. Ned stayed rooted because at that moment she didn't know how to take me.

I went to my hiding place and got the engagement ring that I bought her. I came back downstairs with the ring box in my hand. I looked down at it and then back to her.

"Ned I was planning on asking you to marry me. Amber isn't somebody I'm fucking, she is the wedding planner. Her Aug, Desire, Tony and Netra all know about this. It was supposed to be a surprise. I was gonna propose and marry you the same day, but after this I'm not sure if we really ready. You don't trust me and this is not the first time you have blew up on me about something." I sighed and took a step back.