Too Much

Desire (six months later)

I was on my way out the office to meet August. He told me that he had something really important to talk to me about and from what I could hear in his voice it had me shook up. I walked down the hall with my protruding stomach and I was so ready to have this baby. We knew what we were having, but we decided to keep it a surprise from everybody.

I had a baby shower last weekend and I got a bunch of stuff and I was grateful for that, but we had already bought so much stuff. Day's birthday would be in a couple months so we were going to be planning for that. There was so much going on and it was like shit was just crazy. My trip to Japan was on hold because August and I agreed that I should wait unitl after the baby was born.

Things with August and I have been kind of off every since he found out that my ex works with me. Its like he doesn't trust me, but I haven't given him a reason not to. This shit is stressful and hurtful because I love August with all my heart and he knows that, but is own insecurities seep in because he knows that he cheated on me. Now he feels like I will do him the same way, but it ain't in me.

I'm not blind. I know that Jacoby is a nice looking guy, but he ain't shit. He has become kinda of cold an distant, but he makes sure that me and the baby or okay. It just doesn't feel like it once was between us. The way he acts you would have thought that I did cheat. I just don't understand and I probably never will.

I pulled into the parking lot of his office and cut my car off. I managed to get out the car and locked the doors behind me. I waddled inside and spoke to Mrs. Miller. I took the elevator and saw Candace sitting behind her desk. She waved as she talked on the phone with somebody. I walked towards August office and knocked on the door.

"Come in!" He yelled.

I pushed the door open and he was sitting behind the desk. He motioned for me to come closer as he talked on the phone. I walked around and rested up agains the desk as I watched him finish up the call. He finally hung up and turned to me.

"Hey."

"Hey. How you feeling?" He asked as he rubbed my stomach.

"I'm good. So what did you need to talk to me about? It sounded urgent on the phone."

"Uh...yeah it is. Let's have a seat on the sofa."

I nodded as he led me over to the leather sofa in his office. I got comfortable as I could and I sat there waiting for him to speak. He looked at me and looked away.

"August what's going on? You scaring me."

"Desire I have to go to LA for a few months for this new deal. I'm working with some producers on new music for some new talent out in the area. I will be gone for about two or three months, but I will be here for the birth of our baby."

I sat there not believing what the hell I was saying. I felt like I had been blindsided by this and to make matters worst we agreed together that I wouldn't handle my business, but here his ass is about to take that dive.

"I'm sorry you what now?"

"I have to go t-"

"No! Your ass don't have to, but you want to. Just as quick as I changed everything as for my career you could do the same thing. You know the baby will be born in the next couple months and Day's birthday is around the corner, but apparently that don't mean shit."

"Desire you know when duty calls how this shit works."

"How long have you known?"

He sighed and ran his hands down his face. "For about a month, but I wasn't sure I was going to go, but I decided to go today."