Talk To Me

Desire

I had just left Nedra's and I noticed before I left that Twan seemed happy as hell about something. I had a feeling something was up. I hope that he proposes to her because it was time. I was on my way to see my grandmother because I couldn't get off my mind that something was wrong. I knew it was gonna be hard tryna to get her to tell me anything. She was so stubborn. I needed to call August and tell him that I was going to see my grandmother. I grabbed my phone out of the cupholder and pressed Hubby. The phone rung twice before he answered.

"What's poppin baybeh?"

"Nothing really. I'm headed to my grandmother's house. What are you and lil man doing?"

"Lil man fell asleep on me and I'm just chillin' right na. I miss ya sexy ass."

"I just bet you do August."

"Shit a nigga being serious. I always miss you when you ain't hea."

"Aw I miss yo sexy ass too."

"See ya ass playin."

"No I'm not. I really miss you too."

"Nah I think you just miss this di-" I cut him off before he could even finish that statement.

"August don't do it. I'm not fooling with you right now." I chuckled and I heard him laugh.

"Oh so that means you gon' fool wit me when ya ass get home. I mean like you gon' rub my back and allat."

"Um hell no, but you can rub my back and allat."

"Man you trippin. Well since you don't wanna give me a massage then I will just take yo shit back to the store."

"Oooo you bought me something. What did you buy me baby?"

"Something nice, but you gotta twerk somethin' first. I wanna see all that ass moving to the point that shit have me hypnotized, ya know like me dick have you Augdicktized."

"Ugh! Good bye August!" I hung up because he play too damn much.

I laid my phone down just as I pulled into my grandmother's driveway. When I parked my phone went off with a text. I already knew it was August. I picked up my phone and opened the text up.

Hubby: You know you just fucked up right?

Wifey: How is that?

Hubby: You hung up on me and you already kno' what that means, but I ain't gotta tell ya ass what it is, hell you probably did that shit on purpose....

I laughed and got out the car. I was not fooling with my crazy ass husband today. I got to the door and rung the bell. I looked up and expected my grandmother to come to the door, but it was Lawrence. I knew that they were cool and all, but I found it odd that he was always around. I knew or at least I hoped they wasn't messing around with each other. He was hella young, but in this day and time you never know.

"Hey Lawrence." He looked at me strangely for a minute before speaking.

"Hey Desire." He made no move to let me in and I was about to go off because this nigga was tripping.

"Uh I would like to come in and see my grandmother, today?" I mugged him and he hesitantly moved to the side. I turned and looked at him when he closed the door. He looked nervous for some reason or another.

"Lawrence where is my grandmother?" I folded my arms looking at him expectantly.

"Desire...uh." He paused and grabbed my elbow leading upstairs.

"Lawrence what the hell is going on? You are scaring the shit outta me." I was met with silence.

We got to my grandmother's room door and he slowly opened it. I walked inside the dimly lit room and what I saw brought tears to my eyes. I knew that something was wrong. I looked back at Lawrence and he looked at me apologetically.

"Grandma." I walked closer to the bed and touched her hand.

"Desire. What are you doing here?" She frowned in pain.

"I came to see you because I was worried about you and now I am glad that I did." I looked around at all the medical stuff placed around her normally eloquent room.

"Since my son let you in I might as well let tell you what's going on."

"Wait. What?" I shook my head as if to clear it. "Grandma who is your son?" I had a sinking feeling who she was gonna say, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't tripping.

"Lawrence."

The hell....

August

I had laid Dayvion down and I headed back downstairs. I looked at my Rolex to see that it was 5:30. I headed to the kitchen so that I could make a quick lil dinner. I decided I was gonna make some shrirmp alfredo and put some garlic bread in the oven. I washed my hands and got to work. I made sure the monitor was on so that I could hea' if Dayvion wokeup crying.

My mind went to Desire. I hope that everything is okay with Mrs. Sylvia. That's my gangsta boo on the low. She is a true soldier and rida. I appreciate all that she has done fa' me and my family. I got mad respect fa' her. I moved around the kitchen being Chef August. I had put the noodles on and I now  had to saute' the the shrimp. I walked over to the fridge to get the garlic bread out so that I could put it in the oven. As soon as I did that I heard Desire coming through the door.

I looked up and she didn't look like herself. She looked zoned out. Hell she didn't even acknowledge me. I wiped my hands and walked over to her.

"Desire what's wrong?" I asked in a concerned tone. She just stared off in space not saying anything.

"Baybeh talk to me. Tell me what's going on?"

"A-A-August my grandmother has cancer, breast cancer." She said as tears streamed down her face. I pulled her in my arms and held her as she cried. I knew that this was hard for her, shit I wanted to cry too because I had gotten attached to her.

"Desire I am so sorry, but pray and keep the faith."

"August that's not all." She pulled back and looked at me. I wiped the remainder of the tears from her beautiful face.

"Whatchu mean?"

"Lawrence..." She trailed off.

"What about Lawrence?" I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion.

"Lawrence is my grandmother's son."

"Say what na?...."

Welp two bombs have been dropped and I still got more to come. Oh and go checkout bellahatch A Druglords Housewife.