First Day on The Job Pt. 2

Desire

I stood rooted in my spot and stared at the open door. I already see he was one of them slick niggas, but he need to slide his slick ass back cause I am a married woman, who happens to take my marriage vows seriously. I have never believed in committing adultery and I was not about to start now. God knows I love August with all my heart and not only that if I was dumb enough to disrespect my marriage, I know that August crazy ass would kill my ass. I know what I got at home and I know all the hell I went through in my past.

I sighed and smoothed my hand down my attire. I had on my black dress pants and a white ruffled blouse. I had on my simple diamond studs and my Rolex. My makeup consisted of a lil foundation, mascara and subtle shade of red lipstick. My hair was pulled back in a french twist at the nape of my neck. I had on my low heeled Prada pumps. I pulled my Rayban glasses out of my bag and placed them on. I locked my purse up and grabbed my briefcase heading out to see what the day was going to bring.

As I made my way down the hall peopled looked and damn near ran into stuff looking at me. They acted like they have never seen a black educated woman before. I smiled and kept moving along the way. I approached the lecture hall and I could hear my students talking.

"Aye Drew who you think we gon' have fa' a professor." Quay asked.

"I'on know, but I hope at it no old ass maid boring the hell out me with that monotone voice." Drew leaned to side and rubbed his chin.

"The both of y'all are idiots." Kylie stated with a disgusted face.

"Shutup Ky. You need to stop playin' and co-dayummmmmm!" Drew sat up in his seat and stared like a blubbering idiot.

"Good morning class." I smiled and looked around at every shocked face.

"Okay let's try this again. Good morning class."

"Good Morning." The all said in unison.

"I'm Prof. Alsina and I will be instructing you at this quarter. I look forward to working with each and everyone of you, but two things I will not tolerate. One is disrespect and secondly I will not tolerate laziness. We are adults and I expect you to act as such. I know I'm not too much older than you, but as your Professor I expect the same respect that I will give you. Now are we clear?" I walked back and forth in front of the podium. I waited for a response.

"Yes Professor Alsina."

"Good. Now I want to take a moment to get to know you, but first let me make sure I have everybody here that is supposed to be here. I went behind my desk and pulled out the roster. According to it I should have thirty students. While I was looking over the roster before calling names I heard the conversation between two male students.

"Bruh she fine as hell and did you see that ass tho."

"Drew, my man this is gon' be a good year."

"Alright I'm going to start calling out names and when I do, say present."

I went down the list calling everybody's name and rose up from my seat, walking to the podium. "Who can tell me what Chemistry is?" I looked around at everybody to see who would be bold enough to answer. Finally pretty brown-skinned girl by the name of Lacy rose her hand.

"Okay Lacy go ahead."

"Chemistry is the part of science that indentify's substances which matter is composed; it investigates their properties and the ways that in which they interact." She smiled brightly.

"That's right Lacy." I looked up and who I learned was Drew had his hand raised. I already knew he was gon' be the clown of the class, but he was gon' soon learn I wasn't a joke.