Twenty Eight

"Marlon, no!" I exclaimed as I pushed him off me, a bit harsher than I intended. "I'm sorry," I started apologizing when I felt eyes on me from the entrance of the main hall. I immediately glanced at that general area, gasping when I saw Killian standing with Chris, glowering at me with a very potent death stare.

My heart dropped. He had seen what had just happened. I stood there, frozen in my spot as I watched Killian with his brows furrowed and eyes glaring hatefully at me. Even when he turned to leave, I could not move. How could I even begin to explain the scene he had just witnessed when he was already so angry with me? Before I could make any decision, Killian had turned back around and was headed my way, his body rigid and tense, his scowl more intense and eyes burning with a fiery rage.

He marched towards Marlon and I, stopping only when he was merely an inch from me and glaring. I watched him closely as he gazed into my eyes, unable to speak or reach out to touch him, no matter how much I wanted to. My body refused to obey me. Killian pressed his lips together as his eyes glistened with tears. He closed his eyes tightly and opened them, glancing sideways and then back to watching me as he raised his fist and sent his arm out, punching Marlon square in the jaw.

He bent down over Marlon who held a hand to his nose. "If I see you near him again, touching him again, you're gonna wish you were dead!" He growled with a deadly calm that brought shivers to my body and turned to walk away.

I blinked, only then noticing Marlon trying to stand with the help of his friend Norman and Martin as he held a hand to his bloody nose. I winced, unsure of what to say. I knew I couldn't stay any longer because Killian was already leaving, but I also couldn't go without saying anything to Marlon. I still wasn't sure what happened or why it happened but I felt bad that he had taken a punch to the face.

"I'm so sorry," I shouted to Marlon as I turned to run after Killian, unable and unwilling to wait a second longer. This could really be my only chance to talk to him and that kiss that just happened may have worsened the case.

But given how Killian reacted with anger towards Marlon and not me, I wasn't sure what to believe. I could live with him being angry about the lie, but not this. I didn't need him thinking that I had cheated on him.

I rushed out through the mass of dancing teens, unbothered when I had to push one of them out of my way just so I could get to Killian as fast as I could. He was hurrying to the gates with Chris right at his heels.

"Killian!" I screamed after him. He didn't stop. "Killian!" I tried again. It was as though he had become deaf to my voice. He didn't even spare me a glance. I did the last thing I knew that could make him stop.

"Jamie!"

He stopped. I thought I had lost the ability to breathe then. Killian turned to me with furrowed brows and clenched fists.

"Don't fucking call me that!" He growled loudly but that did not stop me from running to him. He was angry, extremely. I had never seen him this mad at someone before and the fact that his anger was directed towards me made me feel even worse.

While there was anger radiating off him in burning flames, there was also a deep sadness in his eyes that gripped at my soul when I finally reached him.

"Killian, I'm sorry," I cried as I held onto the collar of his jacket, forcing him to look into my eyes. "I am so sorry," I whispered, tears running down my cheeks like a waterfall.

He just stared at me also with tears in his eyes, pressing his lips together as if he had so much to say but wasn't sure where to fucking start.

"What you saw... that kiss... I didn't know he was gonna do that, I swear!"