59. I Think You Broke Him

___________________________

.

.

.

After a whole week of bickering, arguing and toiling around, it was finally Friday and that meant the closing Gala and charity event of The Lush Week.

And all the Kings were invited, with Rubina King as the chief guest.

Rubina had flown back to New York only Thursday evening and she was too tired to speak to anyone then. So, she had told them Friday morning that Saturday, every single member of the family had to be home and at the dining table for breakfast and she had some things that she needed to talk about and make clear to all of them.

"I wonder what it's about." Anika sighed as she fixed her hair in the mirror. It was tied up in a high-ponytail and she looked gorgeous in her beige floral printed dress with a square neck. She was wearing white sneakers and a simple bracelet to go with it, and as usual she had minimal makeup on.

"Don't know. Don't care." Joanne rolled her eyes. She really didn't want to waste her time wondering what that snake was up to now.

She was sitting upright on the vanity chair because she knew she would be curled up in the bed, creasing her clothes and ruining her hair if she didn't control herself.

Joanne was wearing a black bandage jumpsuit with a plunging neck line. She had heels on – a rare feat and she wore dark red lipstick.

While Anika looked like a flower on a spring morning, Joanne went for a devil's girlfriend kind of look.

"All set?" Gregory knocked on the door. He was wearing a khaki Armani suit with a beige tie that matched with Anika's dress.

"I am." Joanne hopped off the chair and gestured to Gregory. "So is she, so you should go stand next to her so that I can take a picture." She sang as she took out her phone from her silver sparkly purse which was lying on the bed.

Anika gave her a look.

"What?" Joanne shrugged. "It's not everyday you both look like America's hottest couple!"

Gregory chuckled as he moved to stand next to Anika and the couple had to move around the room a few times before Joanne found the perfect background, lighting, angle and pose.

"Yep!" Joanne nodded to herself in satisfaction as she finally got the perfect picture.

She turned the phone around for them to see. The picture was indeed perfect, the only thing missing being their little daughter who was asleep in her room with Wolverine by her side.

"I am adding this to the pictures that need to be framed for the living room wall." Joanne hummed to herself as she sent the picture to Jared. He was an interior designer and was working along with Anika and Joanne to make the house a home.

Joanne was under house arrest; Xander had made it clear that she was not working with him or with the girls until her kidney transplant, and for once Joanne was happy with what he had to say because the girl herself did not like going out of her house. So she was helping out with the interior designing and taking care of Ava because Anika had joined an online course to get her degree in Arts and though Reema was there, the little girl had gotten used to all the attention that was showered on her by all the family members these past two months.

"Send it to me as well." Gregory said.

"Wokey." Joanne said before walking out, the couple following her to the living room.

Xander, Leon and Anthony were already seated there. Joanne ignored Xander and sat between her two brothers-in-law, making her husband scoff while the rest just shook their heads. They had no idea how long this cold war was going to go on for.

Married To The MafiaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara