106. Who Brought A Park Home?

__________________________

.

.

.

There was no feeling as good as being liberated from the feeling of helplessness and guilt. And Olivia was totally enjoying the feeling of joy, hope and starting afresh. She stood up and put her head out through the sunroof, feeling wind on her hair and sun on her skin.

Joanne shook her head smiling as she drove back to their home. It was a new beginning for Leon and Olivia now.

They were all going to be fine now.

Olivia suddenly remembered about those creepy messages and how Joanne had said that it had nothing to do with Zach.

She quickly sat down and looked over at her best friend.

"What? Done with the celebration of life already?" Joanne laughed as she took the turn out of the highway.

"No, I just remembered you telling me about the texts." Olivia said. "What did you mean?"

Joanne sighed. Of course she knew that the question was coming sooner or later but she wished Olivia's happiness continued for a while before that. But then she guessed that it was better that they got this over with before they reached back home.

"Well, let's just say one of the security had a major crush on you and he did it to separate you and Leon." Joanne said. She sound so genuine that Olivia wouldn't even doubt for a moment that it was a big fat lie.

Joanne felt sorry for throwing dirt on Frank, one of the security who quit recently because of his parents' passing. But it was better to come up with something like that instead of telling her that Rubina was trying to creep her out so that Zach would fall from the golden alter she had placed him on.

"What?" She asked. "Really?"

"And how do you know this?" She asked. "More importantly, how the hell did he knew about Zach?"

Joanne rolled her eyes. "I am a hacker so I know who is contacting who and he used to be some sort of private investigator." She stopped at a red light, sighing and looking around. They were around the central Park area.

"Yo, let's get cotton candy for everyone." She stated as she pulled over to the parking space.

"What?" Olivia looked at her dumbfounded. "Jo, we are middle of a conversation."

"Which we shall be continuing over some cotton candy... Or ice cream." She said as her eyes landed on the frozen goodness that was being sold.

Olivia rolled her eyes. Her best friend was never going to change, was she?

"Fine..." She sighed as she got off the passenger's seat after closing the sun roof.

.

.

.

"So when I found out about Frank being stalkerish and a home breaker, I told Rubina and she actually took it pretty well and fired him." Joanne said. Lies, lies and lies. Joanne never had any problem telling any lies but that didn't mean that she didn't hate it.

Her identity was a lie before she got married.

And her background history is still a lie.

And because of her grandfather's involvement in her affairs these days, her life was piling up with more and more lies.

But this was different right? She was lying to avoid a confrontation, a confrontation she would have loved seeing but didn't want to because it would ruin the good atmosphere in the house these days. But then she was so so happy that Olivia got the closure she needed.