𝐞𝐬𝐭. 𝟎𝟏𝟐 { They know }

Start from the beginning

Chuckling under my breath, I ask "So why are you still all fancied up?"

"It ran later than expected so my window to change was cut short, which is why I look rather dashing at the moment."

"I can practically see you trying to steal the spotlight from all the other kids dressed in that."

"It may or may not have worked. You should've seen the teachers swooning when my little angel and I were dancing in the middle of the gym."

"I would've loved to see that." I smiled.

"Funny you ask because I have it all on video. Zach wouldn't believe me unless I did. Speaking of Bria, I would love for you guys to meet her since we'll be spending more time with each other."

"I'd love to meet her Miles. But what makes you think we'll be spending more time together." I say looking directly at him this time. Miles could barely look me in the eye as he tried to contain a smile.

"No reason."

Weird

"Does today work for you?"

"For what?" I ask. We were now reaching the other side of the building where most freshmen classes took place.

"Movie night with Bria silly."

"Oh that soon. Yeah of course." I respond as we stop in the middle of the hall. I pull out my phone so we could exchange numbers.

As soon as he hands it back, I notice the contact picture he set is a photo of him sticking out his tongue while his name is labeled MilestheGreat.

I give him a look and he just simply laughs before putting his hand around my shoulder while whispering, "Remember don't let these people get to you. They have nothing better to do. So smile for me."

"Thank you Miles." I responded, giving him a small smile as he walks off in his class direction greeting a couple of other guys on the way, ignoring the endless girls trailing behind him.

Noticing our conversation ran a little longer than expected, I quicken my pace to the hall where my next class was located.

"We can't afford to be late this early in the semester Ms.Winters." Professor Andler scolded.

I feel a thousand stares on me right in this moment and I wanted nothing more than the floor to open up and take me out of my misery.

A couple of girls dressed in cheer uniforms snicker under their breath while some students looked at me in pity.

I nod at the Professor before walking to an empty chair in the back corner.

"Models don't get special privileges here babe." The girl I recognized from Move In day muttered loud enough for me to hear.

I ignore her as I take seat trying to catch up on what I missed so far. She seems almost surprised I didn't have anything smart to say back.

I was tired of defending myself to everyone who had something hateful to say.

I could hold the endless weight put on my shoulders but that didn't mean every step of the way my energy didn't deplete.

—-

Classes were no better today because clearly teachers were picking up on campus gossip like it was free caffeine in the teachers lounge.

Many of them gave me a few sympathetic looks while others persisted on asking me for the "tea."

It was typically the time I would take my lunch break in between classes and instead of sitting in the Cafe with an excuse of a meal called a salad bowl, I made my way home to get changed in a more suitable attire for the gym.