Chapter 58 - Interview

Start from the beginning

Min added, "Sunny works hard too. She runs a gallery back in Seoul, and it can be very demanding. Plus, she is an amazing photographer, and she devotes quite a bit of time to that. She is just as dedicated to her craft as I am to mine." I wrinkled my nose at him and gave a little smile.

"Sunny, I understand your gallery is the sister to Arirang Gallery here in Atlanta, but they have different formats. Is that correct?"

"Yes, they are different. Initially that was not the plan. Our grand opening charity event in Korea was Hallyu themed and a huge success. I decided to keep that going since it is such a cultural phenomenon, so we feature art primarily from Hallyu artists. There are a few pieces from 'regular' artists, but they are generally K-pop or drama related. We even have a section for fanart. Here, we mostly feature local artists and Korean artists from across the country." I didn't mention the Fall Charity Fundraiser because the article would be published after it was over.

"So even your jobs are entwined," she commented, then turned her next question to Min. "Minhyuk, can we talk about X-Ray Entertainment? Is it allowed?" I appreciated her respecting him by asking.

"I can talk a little about it. We are still under our contract, so I can only cover the talking points. We will be recruiting talent. That is basically it. Being performers, writers, and producers ourselves, we have a good idea of what we are looking for. We plan to bring in a variety of levels, from undiscovered new talent to free-agent idols. Later, we may add actors, but in the beginning, we will focus on music."

"That's so exciting! I can't wait to see what you guys bring to the table."

"We are very excited too. And we asked Sunny to do our promo photos. They will be amazing."

"That's a great segue to my next question. Was that one of the things that attracted you to Sunny? Her photo art?"

"In a way, I suppose... yes, her art." He looked at our clasped hands and rubbed my wedding ring with his thumb. "She made me a special gift and gave it to me at Send-Off that night after the concert. I kept it with me all the time after that as a reminder. I managed to sneak it into my pocket before the staff collected everything, but they got the letter, and it was lost then. So, I knew she was an artist, and I knew she had stolen my heart, but I didn't know her name or how to find her."

"It is no secret that you two have a wide age gap. Do you get strange looks in public due to your age difference, or has anyone ever rudely commented on it?"

"We do get rude looks sometimes, and occasionally I can tell that people are talking about us. They generally aren't in our faces about it though. It seemed to happen more in the beginning. Or maybe I am just getting used to it now." I added, "Minhyuk gets comments online a lot though. Some fans still don't accept us, and that is OK. They don't have to accept me, as long as they support Monsta X."

"How do you manage it? Obviously, you are from different generations, so there have to be some things that you each struggle with."

"Well, it has never really been a problem for us. I think the bigger issue is the cultural differences. They shadow the generational ones. Besides, I don't feel older when I am with him. His energy and his sunshine are contagious. He is my Fountain of Youth."

Tamara leaned closer and whispered, "you look amazing, by the way." She continued, "Minhyuk, were your parents concerned about the age difference? How did they handle your engagement news?"

"I think they were a little in the beginning, but they never said anything." I nudged him with my elbow because he never told me he thought that. He winked and continued, "Sunny quickly won them over and pushed aside any doubts they may have had. My parents love her. How could they not? She is beautiful, kind, smart, and she loves their eldest son." He put his forehead to mine and we forgot about Tamara for a moment.