2~ The Cave of Two Lovers

Start from the beginning

Sokka took Momo down from his head, placed him in front of his groin, and scuttled away to cover up. He sent (Y/n) an embarrassed look, his face getting more red by the second.

The kids all got out of the water and got dressed as the nomads made themselves comfortable with Appa. A nomad began braiding Appa's fur, and (Y/n) couldn't deny, he looked very pretty with his fur braided with flowers.

Lily was steadily braiding (Y/n)'s hair while Chong told her, Katara, and Aang about the adventures they'd been on.

"Hey, Sokka! You should hear some of these stories. These guys have been everywhere." Aang says to Sokka, who is finally making his way back to them. Aang had an adorable flower crown on his head.

"Well, not everywhere, little arrowhead, but where we haven't been, we've heard about through stories and songs." Chong said.

"They said they'll take us to see a giant nightcrawler." Aang said excitedly.

"On the way, there's a waterfall that creates a never-ending rainbow!" One of the nomads says, relaxing on his back.

Sokka had a brow raised, clearly annoyed with the company. "Look, I hate to be the wet blanket here, but since Katara is actually enjoying herself, I guess it's up to me," That recieved a scowl from Katara. "We need to get to Omashu. No sidetracks, no worms, and definitely no rainbows."

"Woah! Sounds like someone's got a case of destination fever. Ha. You're worried too much about where you're going." Chong says, laying on Appa.

"You gotta focus less on the where, and more on the going." Lily adds as she tucks a flower behind (Y/n)'s ear.

"O...ma...shu!" Sokka says dramatically.

"Sokka's right. We need to find King Bumi so Aang can learn earthbending somewhere safe." Katara says.

"Well, sounds like you're headed to Omashu," Chong says. Sokka smacks his forehead. "There's an old story about a secret pass...right through the mountains."

"Is this real, or a legend?" (Y/n) asks.

"Oh, it's a real legend. And it's as old as earthbending itself." Chong begins to strum his guitar, creating a nice tune. Lily begins to play her flute.

Aang, Katara, and (Y/n) sway to the gentle rhythm.

"Two lovers, forbidden from one another. A war divides their people. And a mountain divides them apart. Built a path to be togetherrrr...yeah, I forget the next couple lines, but then it goes...Secret tunnel! Secret tunnel! Through the mountain, secret, secret, secret, secret tunnel! Yeah!" Chong finished the song with his index finger pointed to the air. Everyone except Sokka clapped politely.

"I think we'll just stick with flying. We've dealt with the Fire Nation before." Sokka says, walking to Appa.

"We'll be fine." (Y/n) stands to join Sokka's side.

"Yeah, thanks for the help, but Appa hates going underground. And we need to do whatever makes Appa most comfortable." Aang smiles.

Yeah, flying didn't make Appa very comfortable this time. Or anyone in the saddle, for that matter. Fire Nation soldiers launched tons of flaming catapults their way, making it hard for Appa to get his way around them. They nearly got hit every time. They all clung to each other and screamed for dear life in the saddle.

They went back to the nomads in defeat, ash covering their skin and clothes.

"Secret love cave. Let's go." Sokka said.

••

The nomads lead them down a long path towards the secret love cave.

"How far are we from the tunnel?" Sokka asked.