Chapter 41 - Going Home

It had been over two weeks since mine and Harry's talk on the beach, and our days had become increasingly busy.

So busy that, once again, everything to do with Marc and my father had fallen to the back of our minds and priorities. Which most likely largely had to do with the fact that neither Marc nor my father had even attempted to get ahold of either of us since we were in New York.

I had no idea if the silence on their end had to do with the thumb drive my father had given me that could potentially put them in jail if we played our cards right, or if they just weren't in need of Harry again yet. Either way, it didn't necessarily feel like a good thing that we hadn't heard from them, and I knew that after everything that happened in New York, Harry had only been feeling more anxious about it. But, thankfully, we'd both had plenty of distractions.

Harry had eventually let me watch the recording on the thumb drive after he'd finally told me the full truth. It was heartbreaking to watch, and I couldn't even begin to express how angry I was when I saw that my father was trying to get him to break up with me. He was seriously fucking deranged.

However, I was sort of hopeful that it could help us in some way against Marc and my father. From the footage, it was clear that Harry was being blackmailed, we just had to figure out a way to use it to our advantage.

I had yet to talk to my mother, ignoring her relentless calls and texts because I had absolutely no idea what I was supposed to say or how I was supposed to feel. There wasn't exactly a rule book for when your thought-to-be-dead father comes back from the so-called dead. Plus, I was sure my mother would only make the situation even worse with her insistence to blame me for everything.

I also still hadn't found much time to talk about everything with Margot, and I was beginning to feel guilty for keeping this from her. I'd casually asked her if she'd spoken to Marc recently, and she had said that they surprisingly hadn't been talking as much recently, but she brushed it off as being busy at work.

It felt wrong to hide something like this from her, but I didn't exactly know how to spring the information on her, and I wasn't sure how she'd take it.

These past few weeks, Harry and I—and his entire team—were pretty much entirely focused on the promotion of Harry's album, which required such an insane amount of traveling that it blew my mind how Harry constantly remained so full of energy in all of his interviews.

Which was why the amount of endless energy he seemed to have at the moment was a complete anomaly to me, particularly when I was so tired that I honestly just wanted him to be still so that I could use him as my own personal pillow.

We were currently on a plane flying to London for the release of the "Adore You" music video, and for his appearance on Graham Norton. Harry had flown to England for a couple of days after we had gotten back from New York so that he could film the music video and they'd have time to edit it for the release. It was such a short trip, and he was gonna be busy the entire time, so I ended up staying in Malibu and spending most of those few days with Sarah and Mitch, distracting myself from everything that had just happened in New York.

However, I'd always wanted to go to England, so I was very excited about finally being able to go. But we also had to turn around and go back to L.A. almost immediately after the show so that he could host The Late Late Show with James Corden, and then do the One Night Only show for the release of his album. And then we would be returning to London in a few weeks for his week at BBC Radio, the One Night Only London show, and then Christmas with his family.

I was nervous as fuck to spend the holidays with him and his family, but I tried not to spend time thinking about those nerves, and it went without saying that I wouldn't be spending Christmas with my own family anyway.