Chapter 38 - Loving You's the Antidote

"Steves! Dickhead!"

Margot's familiar voice was muffled as it somehow seemed to be coming from the other side of our bedroom door. Inside of the hotel room.

I groaned, peeling my eyes open as I reached for my phone on the nightstand. Harry's arm was wrapped around my stomach as he was holding my back closely against his chest, but as I extended my arm for my phone, Harry's grip tightened around me. I glanced back at him, seeing he was still asleep, and finally checked what time it was.

It was just past eleven in the morning, and my eyes widened as my heart jumped in my chest at the realization. We still weren't leaving New York until tomorrow morning, but I hadn't intended on sleeping in so late. Although, after last night, I think it was much needed.

"Stevieeee," Margot called again from the other side of the door, and I immediately was reminded of her somehow being in my hotel room right now.

Harry was still asleep, and that made me think he must've been absolutely exhausted for him to sleep through that.

I slowly lifted Harry's arm from around my waist so that he could keep sleeping as I went to go see what Margot was doing in here. Harry groaned as I pulled away from him, and I leaned down to press a whisper of a kiss against his cheek before opening the door and closing it behind me.

I was still not wearing any underwear underneath Harry's borrowed shirt, but it was long enough to cover all of the vital parts, so I didn't really care.

"Go Go, how the fuck did you get in here?" I asked, my voice a mix of exhaustion and confusion.

She took a step back as I walked out of the room, giving me some space, and her eyes trailed up and down my body, taking in my appearance, before looking into my eyes with a slight look of concern. I was sure I looked a little rough, which was the complete opposite to Margot with her ever-flawless appearance. She had sunglasses on the bridge of her nose, despite being indoors, and she lifted them into her hair after giving me a once over.

"Either Harry railed the shit out of you last night, or you had a rough night." Her tone was matter-of-fact, rather than judgmental. She took a step closer, and literally sniffed my hair. I gave her an incredulous look as she said, "Maybe both? You smell like sex and depression."

I lowered my brows in a look of pure confusion, but let out a small laugh at her flare for the dramatics. Her and Harry had that in common. "What the fuck is depression supposed to smell like?"

She put her hands up in defense and said, "Babes, I don't make the rules."

Deciding to move on from this hopelessly confusing conversation, I tried repeating my question. "How did you get in here?"

She leaned her arm against the wall of the hallway. "It was easier than you'd think. I just told the girl at the front desk I lost my room key for this room. Flirted a little bit. Told her I was you," she shrugged nonchalantly, "Next thing I know, I've got a spare room key."

I raised my brows with a laugh, even though I knew better than to be surprised. She had unusually persuasive qualities.

"Okay, but, why did you get a spare room key instead of just calling me?"

"I did," she said, gesturing to my phone. "Like, a lot. But, you weren't answering, and I was genuinely getting concerned that you were murdered or something. The band also tried to call you and Harry, but neither of you answered."

I frowned, looking down at my phone again, and this time noticing missed calls and messages from her and the rest of the band. And my Mom. I hadn't told her I was doing SNL, and I was sure she'd seen it by now. She probably wanted to tell me all of the ways I had embarrassed her on national television. But the absolute last thing I wanted to do at the moment was think about either of my parents.