Chapter 22 - I'm Falling Again

A/N: This is a double update, so please read Chapter 21 first, otherwise you will be very confused!!!!! <33

...

Holy fucking shit.

What the fuck did I just do?

I am so fucked.

I love you.

The words have been playing over and over in my head since they slipped passed my lips without my permission. There was literally no possible way that I could think about anything else right now. The possibility that I just fucked everything up between Harry and I made me feel sick to my stomach to the point that I ran back to the toilet as soon as I realized what I had done, waiting for my emotional vomit to come up. But nothing ever did.

I had to wipe away the tears streaming down my cheeks from my useless dry heaving, before I finally cleaned myself up and went outside to find Gemma and Sarah. They had been in a lively conversation when I found them, and merely asked if I was feeling okay. They didn't sound annoyed, just slightly concerned as they saw how pale I was. I told them I was fine, and they let it go, but I could tell they saw right through my lie.

We were currently at a random thrift store after Gemma had claimed she hadn't packed anything to go to a club in, and needed to buy something for tonight. I was searching through the racks for a dress for her, but I was really only half-searching. I felt awful for not giving them my full attention, but as much as I tried, it was pretty much impossible.

Gemma was standing next to me at the same rack, and Sarah was standing across from us on the other side so that we could only see her from the shoulders up. The two of them were making conversation—about what, I had no idea.

I flicked through the various brightly colored materials—all of vastly different shapes and colors and sizes. The next dress I passed by was a form fitting dark blue dress made out of a mesh material. The arms were see-through, and there was a keyhole design on the front of it. From below the keyhole to the bottom of the dress, there was a cinch that would accentuate the curves of whoever wore it. I was pulled out of my anxious thoughts by how perfect it was.

I held it up towards Gemma with raised eyebrows, asking what she thought of it

I held it up towards Gemma with raised eyebrows, asking what she thought of it. She scrunched her nose, shaking her head. "Not really my style, I don't think I have the confidence to pull that off."

"What?" I asked, shocked at her answer. "This would look so hot on you, c'mon, at least try it on," I urged, but she still shook her head.

"You should try it on, though. Is it your size? It would look perfect on you. And, I know Harry would think I was the best sister ever for getting you to buy that," said Gemma, and at the mention of Harry's name, all of my anxious thoughts rushed back to me, and I'm not sure if I actually winced, or if that was in my head.

But, I must've actually done it, because Gemma frowned at me, and Sarah said, "Okay, spill. You've been acting all weird and quiet since you went to the bathroom earlier. And now you're acting even weirder at the mention of Harry's name. What happened?"