Another One Down

Black's PoV:

Just hanging about The Skeld. And if you hadn't already guessed...

Yes, Purple is here, too.

"It's scary... how did you get through it last time? Were you really paranoid... it could be anyone..." She asked as we walked through the hallway, Violet was by her side.

"...then why are you here? Aren't you scared of me?" I replied, and Purple laughed softly.

"You seem pretty harmless - emphasis on the 'pretty'."

"Mom I gotta go" Violet muttered with a heavy sigh, racing off without waiting for a reply.

"Violet, wait-" Purple squeaked.

"Hey, it's okay" I assured her, "they're kids... there's no stopping them when they want some independence."

"Guess you are right" she admitted, pausing before adding "Mr Right."

Now... this was getting pretty awkward. Is she trying to chat me up, or not? And if so... how do I tell her that I'm not interested? I really just... ugh. This is impossible.

"You okay? Ya seem kinda on edge..."

As I may have mentioned before, I'm terrible at coming up with lies quickly. "Yup! I'm great... just... a little hot?" I squeaked.

"Yeah, I have noticed, ya know~"

Shoot shoot shoot... how do I tell her no?

"Uh... I meant hot as in temperature?" I muttered back, internally facepalming.

But then again, that wasn't gonna stop Purple. "Makes sense" she shrugged, stepping slightly closer to me. "Because of all the exercise you've been doing lately"

I stepped back, insisting that I hadn't been working out lately and I didn't know what she was talking about.

"Well you've been running through my mind all day" she replied, brushing her hand against mine and I felt myself tense up a little.

"Gotta go" I muttered, pulling my hand away and increasing my pace slightly. "Check... on the kids?"

"Sooo.... see ya in caf later then?" She asked.

"Y-Yeah... sure" I mumbled, and that's when the doors to shields closed, locking her inside and I was stool in the hallway. Phew.
Finally.....

Emerald's PoV:

Just like before, I was doing tasks with Peach. No surprises there.

Next I had wires, so we were going into electrical... and guess who we found in there?? Indigo and Snow, curled up in the corner together.

Peach and I looked at each other, confused expressions under our helmets. "Why do we keep finding everyone sleeping in different rooms?" I asked. "First Lapis and Choccy... now-"

"Not sleeping" Indigo muttered, without opening her eyes. Her voice was croaky and sounded like she'd been crying.

"Are you okay, Indie?" Peach asked with a hint of concern. The smaller crewmate shook her head.

"Lemon is never nice to anyone... even though I always try to get her to be better, she just won't. She ends up hurting everyone and I'm sick of seeing it." She sadly explained. "It's like she's... uh... well..."