Night

Scarlet's PoV:

Not much interesting happened after dinner, other than being told what the bedroom plans. The adults each get their own rooms, but us kids are in pairs... I hope for everyone's sake that they let us choose...

But then again, the world seems to never work in our favour, does it?

"You've been randomly paired up" Green explained...

Heh. Green.
The first to die in our last mission. The first death I'd ever witnessed... chopped clean in half... and hearing Emerald's screams...

Him calling my name snapped me out of my thoughts... "Scarlet is paired up with Coal..."

Coal and I glanced at each other excitedly. Maybe the universe was finally being kind to us after all~

I didn't hear much of where the other people were staying, since I was too busy being happy about my roommate... the only others I were worried about are Teal and Choccy. Obvious reasons for each of them. Teal ended up with Lemon... well let's see how that goes.
Chocolate was paired with... one of the new kids. Oh no...

He seemed a little nervous and a bit upset, but didn't protest too much. Poor little kid-

***

Rose's PoV:

This is absolutely amazing!

Oops, I seem to have broken your sarcasm meter. Sorry not sorry.

So, not only did we have to share bedrooms.

Not only was I not sharing with Peach

Not only was I not sharing with anyone I knew

No, the universe really decided to torture me today. Mango. Mango was my roomie.
Sure, anyone else would be excited, right? But me? What is wrong with that kid?!

Again, I make no apologies.

Anyway, (as if that wasn't bad enough already), guess what?

Peach was sharing her room with Emerald.

Yeah, I'd seen them together in admin earlier. Peach attempted a backflip or something and they both fell onto the floor, giggling like stupid little kids and having fun together.

It seems everything that happens just pushes me further and further away from my only friend... guess I really am destined to be alone.

And I know what you're probably going to say. 'If you feel that way, then why don't you try harder to make more friends' or, 'hello?? Mango exists!!"

But no. I'm just... I can't just make friends, okay? For me it's not that simple. It's like my brain thinks differently... my default opinion of every single person is that I hate them, and it's almost impossible to change that. I've only done that once. And you know who.

Sure, I guess I also kinda liked Emerald for a while... but that didn't last long. Now, I probably hate him the most. But I have to try to get along with him, for the sake of whatever's left of my friendship with Peach. It's hard... but necessary.

"Hey, Rose!" Mango exclaimed, skipping into the room I had entered like five seconds ago. I decided to ignore her and get unpacked. "We're roommates! It's really exciting, I love meeting new people.......... I guess maybe you don't...... since you aren't talking much.... but I promise you, we're going to have so much fun!"

"And I promise you, that if you don't shut it, I'll snap your neck." I casually replied. In case you hadn't noticed, I made these comments so often that I had now worked out what hurts each person the most. And I'd gotten told off so much that I can completely blank it out; even if I couldn't then I wouldn't even care anyway.