Free Time

James's PoV:

"So... what do we even do now?" Thomas asked me.

"Well..." I thought for a moment. "Movie?"

"Yeah, good idea" he said, nodding eagerly as his eyes lit up like a little child.

We put one on, and practically collapsed onto the sofa, sitting with a large bowl of popcorn placed on the sofa in between us.

I thought it would be relaxing. But... no. The movie we had chosen turned out to be a horror movie. Weird, because for some reason I believed it was supposed to be a comedy.

In my defence, it was funny at the start. But the humour got darker, and then there was just lots of blood and gore and stabbing and stuff like that. I'd noticed Thomas edging closer to me throughout, moving the bowl of popcorn so that he could be right next to me.

Just then, we got to a part where one of the characters was in the bedroom when they heard a crash from behind them. They edged around the room, and the wardrobe door began slowly creaking open behind them.

"No, no, no..." Thomas murmured, leaning closer to me, if that was even possible. Taking this as a hint that it was getting too much for him, I quickly reached over for the tv remote, and switched it off, before standing up, flicking on the lights. I sat back down and he clung onto my arm as if it would protect him. He was shaking violently, so I hugged him tighter to try to stop him from trembling.

"Okay..." I muttered after a moment. "How about we find something else to watch?"

Thomas nodded and let go of my arm so I could look at the other dvds we had on the shelf. Why were they all horror movies?

Sighing, I sat back down, and once again inspected the cover of the film we just watched.

Hey... it definitely said, right there, COMEDY. Out of curiosity, I ejected the disk form the tv, and on it it said "Stabby Steve IV"

The dvd case was of a film called "Yes Day". Family friendly film. PG. Comedy.

Did Peach have something to do with that, perhaps?

"Never mind" I thought aloud, shaking my head. I wrapped my arms back around Thomas, hugging him close to my chest.

Something felt... weird. In a nice way. Obviously, I was worried about him, but at the same time, I... I liked having him so close to me.

It reminded me of something my son had told me those 5 years ago.
'Who cares about tasks' Coal had laughed, 'you two just need to chat... about... stuff'

Yes... stuff... why did it take me this long to figure it out? For all these years, I've never even thought about anything like that, but now I finally have time to stop and think carefully....... it suddenly became so obvious.

"I...I think I'm okay now" Thomas mumbles, his face flushing red with embarrassment as he tried to pull away from me.

As a reflex, I just hugged him tighter, and he let out a surprised squeak. "You don't have to-"

"I know that" I laughed lightly. "Could stop but won't"

Finally wriggling out of my grip, he looked me straight in the eye. "You said that before. When we were at Mira, when I was... sick. What does it mean?"

I gulped. He... he remembered that?

"I..." I mumbled, glancing down to avoid his gaze. Then, I felt heat on my face, Thomas's hand gently titling my chin up so our eyes met once more. This didn't really help my stuttering at all. Gosh his hand was so warm... and his eyes were so beautiful... wait, what am I thinking?

"Are you okay?" He asked, "you seem kinda nervous"

"That's because I am" I admit.

He was clearly very worried about me. "Why?"

Maybe I should just... I should just say what's on my mind. After all, there are no secrets time does not reveal; I may as well get it over with now.

"Because" I sighed, feeling my face growing increasingly hot, "I... I like you."

His eyes widened in shock or surprise, maybe both. I had no clue how I thought he would react to this news, but I don't think... nope, this probably isn't good...

Groaning, I stood up and pacing around the room. "I'm sorry, you don't like me... not like that... I never should have said anything, I'm so stupid.... I've just gone and messed everything up, and, and..."

I was abruptly cut off by his soft lips pressing against mine as he grabbed my arm, pulling me closer.

After a few seconds, he stepped back leaving me dazed and shocked, a half smile pulling at his lips. "What? I had to shut you up somehow"

I was unable to speak. D-Did he... he just did that?

Folding his arms across his chest, Thomas declared in a more serious tone, "not a word of what you just said was true"

Eyeing him carefully, I managed to ask "not a single word? So that means...?"

He threw his arms up in the air in frustration. "I'm not sure! I.... well..... to be totally honest... I think so.... ugh. I don't know, it's like, maybe, but how can I be certain? How do you even tell if you-"

This time, I was the one to cut him off with another kiss. "Do you have your answer now?"

He was blushing a lot now, which I took to be my answer. "Um... I think I know, but maybe one more just to be sure?" He playfully asks. And of course I didn't say no.

This time, we were both expecting it.
"Yes," Thomas giggled, grabbing my hand and squeezing it tightly. "yes, I think I love you, James"

A/N: and it took them long enough! Hope ya enjoyed the wholesome~

RedPotato1 it's finally canon >:3

#LimeXBlackIsFINALLYCanon