Chapter 10

Chapter 10
Loki lightly knocked on the door to Coulson's office. Skye told him to go see Coulson's before they landed, so as soon as Loki was finished eating he left his bunk and asked Mack where his office was.

"Come in" Loki heard Coulson call, so he turned the handle and entered.

"I was told to come see you. You have something for me?" Loki asked, entering the office. Coulson nodded.

"Yeah. Close the door, I want to ask you a few things" he said. Loki did as Coulson asked and closed the door.

"Is there a problem?" Loki asked.

"I hope not. But I need to clarify something" Coulson gestured to a chair but Loki stayed standing so Coulson kept talking.

"You don't want us to know all the gritty details about your past. That's okay, I can respect that, But my first priority is protecting this team. You've taken a bad beating and you seem to believe you deserved it, which concerns me. You're entitled to privacy like anyone else, so what we talk about here stays between us, but I need you to answer me with a simple yes or no. This crime you committed, did you kill someone?" Loki stayed silent for a moment, he wanted to give a long-winded explanation of how he'd changed and wasn't a threat, and at the same time he wanted to say nothing at all. But Coulson asked for a simple yes or no.

"Yes, I did" he said. Cousin looked surprised. "And as much as I'd like to, I can't change what I've done. All I can do now is try to be a better man. And I am trying, I am being better, I have no intentions to hurt you or anyone else on this team. I've done some terrible things, but I cant change the past, so I'm asking you and your team to let me build a better future here on Midgard" Loki continued, a very slight hint of pleading in his tone, so faint Coulson probably didn't even notice it. Coulson looked at him blankly for a moment or two, but Loki could tell he was trying to decide how to react.

"Okay, good enough for now" he finally said, then held out a device for Loki to take "this is your phone. Keep it on and keep it with you. You can contact any of the team plus a few others at SHIELD" Loki took the phone from Coulson "Skye will give you a rundown on how it works if you aren't familiar with it" he explained, but Loki shook his head.

"I'll be fine, we used to have technology Loki this on Asgard" Loki said.

"Good. The we're about to touch down so I'll meet you at the cargo bay" Coulson said, Loki got the hint that he should leave so he turned around to leave the office, but instead turned back to Coulson.

"Can I ask a Question?" Loki inquired. Coulson wasn't expecting it but he was happy to answer any question Loki had., so he just nodded.

"How can I get off May's bad side?" Loki didn't want any of the agents to feel animosity toward him, and right now May and Fitz did. Fitz was just protective and maybe a bit jealous, but Loki had no idea what the problem was with May. Coulson laughed with no reservation.

"You can't. May doesn't like most people, Don't take it personally. Just let her warm up to you" Coulson explained. That sounded very frustrating and Loki suddenly had a brand new respect for his brother, who had patiently waited for Loki to warm up over the course of several months.
Loki felt a slight jolt under his feet and knew they had landed the aircraft.

"Looks like we're here. There's some clothes for you in your bunk if you want to change. it's hot but you might want long sleeves" Coulson suggested, knowing Loki was recovering from a bad sunburn and being exposed to more could very well be painful.

Loki just nodded and left Coulson's office and went back to his bunk. Sure enough there were enough clothes there for several days, so he put on a grey long sleeve t-shirt and left to meet with the rest of the team in the cargo bay. He got there about the same time as everyone else was arriving, except they were all arming up.