Chapter Four: the true plan (Luke's POV)

I woke up in the early hours of the morning- at least I think. There's no windows in here and the clock is broken. Everyone was asleep so that's what I assumed. I sighed and got up, restlessly pacing back and forth, my mind racing with questions. Why couldn't we be in the same room as Reyna and Thalia? I'd met here when we were seven - Thalia that is - and we've been close ever since. Like siblings, so I was scared for her. I lay back in bed, closing my eyes and rubbing my temples. Then suddenly the door HAD to open so on instinct I pretended to be asleep. There were two people? And they were talking. Something about some zombie virus- wait what?! Ok I'm hearing things I'm probably just tired.
"Bitten by a deer I believe" the first man said.
"We should eliminate the girls tomorrow and see what happens to these." Umm what?!
"And dispose of them as soon as possible. Don't want the parasite spreading. Maybe it's best to get rid of these as well, can't take any risks and the FBI won't want them questioning things" I felt sick. There was no way I'd be hearing this. They left and I... kinda feinted.

I was dreaming. We were in the woods, just Ethan and I. We were running and shooting these deformed... things. Eventually eventually we made it to some kind of hatch and clambered inside. It looked like an old war bunker, only re-furbished. We sat at the table eating a meal I had prepared- a salad when suddenly there was noise. What sounded like footsteps echoed through the bunker. We jumped up ready to fight and the door swung open. I woke up.

A/N sorry for not posting in a while, been a little pre-occupied with exams and stuff but I'm back now!
:))