Chapter One: The Camping Trip (Zoë's POV)

"Make sure you're fully packed- got your drinks?"
"Yes dad-"
"Clothes?"
"Yes dad-"
"What about plaste-"
"Dad!! I have everything!" I replied a little exasperated. It was my first trip away from home and he was overreacting a little. "Ok, I was just making sure. I love you Zoë" with that, he wrapped me into a tight hug.
"Love you two dad" I replied hugging back. "Stay safe cub." I smiled and pulled away heading to the door. "I will." I nodded and left the house for the last time.

Luke's rover was parked on the curb, he was driving and Ethan was in shotgun. Thalia and Reyna were in the trunk leaving Percy in the back. I hopped in with him smiling sweetly. "Hey" i said. He replied with a gentle nod and a smile. "Hey Zoë".
"Ok, six hour drive and we can park right outside the clearing we will be camping in, I've heard the sights are majestic on that lake" Luke said as he started the car and i waved to my dad. Ethan turned on the radio as we tucked in to the food stock and relaxed. I was reading my book and occasionally glancing at Percy... he was on his phone but I swear I saw him staring once or twice. It's not like I liked him or anything... just that I.. liked him a little.. not the point. I decided to get some rest so I wouldn't fall asleep tonight.

I woke up the Percy excitedly shaking me awake. "Zoë we're here!" He said as i groggily sat up. "Cool, hang on a sec just need to get my bearings." I said looking around. We were in the most majestic sight- we were parked on a stony shore of a beautiful blue shimmering lake which was surrounded by tall vast mountains. Off to the write was the colossal green woods and I could see the clearing on the edge of it, where Ethan and Reyna were setting up a tent and Luke was carrying things inside. Thalia was staring out in to the mountains smiling. She looked at peace. "Wow.. it's so beautiful" I spoke breathlessly. "Right!" Replied a very hyper Percy. "Let's go get some firewood!" I smiled and clambered out the car jogging off toward the tree line.

We got back with the wood as the sun was beginning to set and lit the fire pit, sitting down on some logs we dragged around it. "Hey they're still inside, we have a minute of rest" Percy stated looking at me. "What exactly are you suggesting, Jackson?" I replied with a joking smile. He chuckled and I handed him a drink. "You got anything you wanna do here?"
"Like?"
"I dunno, a canoe ride?" I laughed. "For two?" I said again in a joking manner as he smirked again. "Well... if you wanted I mean-" we were interrupted by Ethan yelling boo from the door and I jumped a mile. "Ethan! You gave me a heart attack!" He giggled and sat down followed by Luke and the girls. We started drinking and before long we were shitfaced and laughing over the smallest things as if we were watching the worlds most hilarious comedian. Then, out of no where, a deer just walked up to camp. I was so distracted and mesmerised I failed to notice it looked injured and diseased. As did everyone else. I didn't even realise my hand was reaching out to stroke it until Percy grasped my hand. "Stop.. somethings not-" a scream. It was Reyna's. It had bitten right through her lower leg and was now running back off into the woods. Everyone was shocked. "H-hospital! We need to get to a hospital!" Thalia screamed. Nobody moved. "NOW!" We snapped ourselves  into action as Luke began to drive.