Ch 39 - Dreams that keeps us Awake

Start from the beginning

As he said that I trembled more and struggled more  and shouted "Let me go. I want Mama and Dadaa..."

"No Princess...  You don't need them. Now you only need me" He said.

"No I don't want you. You are the one who hurt my family. You hurt me the most. Let go.." I yelled.

"No... I cannot Princess, as I am the only family you have in the world" He said clenching his jaws.

"No.... Leave me" I shouted and struggled to get out of his grip.

He was angry and then he gripped my chin and made me look at his intense gaze and his dark eyes froze me in silence and then he uttered his next words as if trying to engrave it in my brain "Adelyn... you are mine!!"

I woke up with a start and felt I was sweaty all over. It was a nightmare I have been seeing after I visited that deserted place, it's confusing for me when I was Evelyn then why did the person called me Adelyn. Did the person misunderstood ? While the questions were running in my mind when Nicholas barged in and said "Are you fine Love?"

I nodded and then replied "I am fine".

He sat on the bed and turned to me and cupped my face and said "Love.... are you hiding anything?"

"No I am not. It was just a nightmare".

"Love I am sorry... It's my fault that I took you here...." He said while looking pained.

"No Nick it's not. I went there because I wanted " I said and smiled faintly at him.

Ivan's POV

I was managing my business and trying to cope up after she left and one day I got call from my father's uncle Raven.

"Son... come back" He said

"I don't want to" I said and was about to hang up when he said "Ivan if you didn't make it today then forget about seeing your mother again" and he hung up.

I gritted my jaws trying to control the anger I had within for this man. He always used my mother as the bargaining chip and forces me to do things I don't want to. I called Raphel to arrange the flight back to Italy.

As I sat on the flight flashbacks of my childhood came over

Presenting to you Ivan Leonardo Evans , the first born of Leonardo and Savannah Evans, announcement was made as soon as I took small steps to the hall where my birthday party was arranged.

7 years me happily made my way to my mother and father, both smiled at me and wished me "Happy Birthday Ivan" 

"Thank you Mom..." I said kissing her and taking her gift which I knew was piano and I have been looking forward to and then I hugged my dad and kissed him too while saying "Thank you Dad..." when he gave me a new video game which I was waiting for from a long time.

"No need to thank Partner..." He said while ruffling my hair.

Soon a magician show started and all my friends started enjoying it. I was so happy and soon it was time to cut my birthday cake. Everybody started wishing me while I cut the cake and was about to feed the first piece to my Mom when a middle aged man dressed in black entered the hall with 8 other bodyguards. I stared at him and he also focused on me and smiled.

As he approached I could feel the environment  getting tense and my father's body going stiff while mother tried to maintain her smile and said "Father... you came at right time..."

"Father.... Are you worthy calling me that....." The man said.

"Sorry .. Mr. Davis...." mother was embarrassed and did not continue while father looked at him with hatred "Why did you come here Lorenzo?"