Louder Than Bombs

///////
He'd made up his mind, there was no going back. All he had to do is to go through with it now.

Taehyung pocketed the car key, gliding out of the room as silent as a shadow. Stealing it from under Bogum's sleeping nose wasn't as difficult as he'd anticipated, although it was a timely effort. He cast a glance down at his watch, seeing it dangerously close to the half hour mark.

Taehyung made his way to the back of the house, nearly sprinting to get to the back door on time. The loaded gun provided a comforting weight in his holster, bumping against his side with every step. He's made it halfway there before almost quite literally running into a guard switching shifts, exchanging some quick words about his post and the whereabouts of the prisoners. It was all bullshit, of course, seeing as those prisoners were exactly not where he said they'd be, but it was all just a matter of minutes before the ignorant guard would find that out for himself.

"Good luck, Kim." The guard gave him a parting nod. "Boring as shit out there."

Taehyung nodded back, laughing to himself at the irony of that statement.

They went their separate ways without much idle chit chat. Taehyung felt a bit of weight drop off his shoulders at his good luck. Just a little.

He was almost at the door when he saw them. All six of them, crowded in the end of the hallway. He almost had a heart attack at the sight, quickly approaching the group with a nervous glance around them.

"What the fuck?" he hissed at Hoseok. "I said 4:28, not 4:27."

"Well it isn't exactly a walk in the park to estimate how long it takes to get a fucking body downstairs, is it?" Hoseok shot back, annoyed.

He was bent over supporting the weight of an unconscious Yoongi on what looked like a makeshift sled, a little sweat glistening on his forehead. Seokjin held up the other end, straining under the weight. Jimin hovered nervously behind him, ready to take over in case they needed a break.

"What if someone saw you before I got here?" Taehyung gritted out, scanning the other two hallways with his gun drawn. When he made sure that they were clear, he pocketed his gun and herded them down the hall in the direction of the door, into a little more secluded corner.

"Well they didn't," Yugyeom chimed in, ever so flippant. "Now stop bitching around and get us the fuck out of here."

Taehyung ignored the urge to respond (with his fists) in lieu of checking up on Jeongguk. He walked up to him, hands immediately cupping at his face and tilting it side to side. He looked physically unscathed, but Taehyung could never be too thorough.

Especially when something in the younger's eyes looked a little... off. A dark shadow hovering that wasn't there before. But when Taehyung looked again, it was gone.

"Are you okay?" he whispered privately, concern unfiltered in his timbre.

"Fine," Jeongguk hummed, letting Taehyung have his way with him without complaint. He knew well enough by now that it was no use fighting the elder on his overprotective instincts. Even after all that happened, that aspect of their relationship hadn't changed.

Taehyung looked him up from head to toe one last time before dropping his hold and stepping back. He eyed the rest of the group scrutinously before nodding to himself.

It's now or never.

"Here," he handed Jimin the key. "It's one of the Lincoln's."

"Which one?"

"Your guess is as good as mine."

He carefully opened the back door, scanning the scene and checking if the coast was clear. He spotted two armed guards stationed at the front door, just like they were supposed to be. He ducked back into the dark hallway, sighing silently to himself.