In The Back Of Your Daddy's Cadillac

///////
Taehyung was the one to pull away first.

Well, push away, to be more exact. His eyes had snapped open at the sound, darting over to the door as he tried to pinpoint its origin. When he put two and two together, he knew he had to pop their bubble. And he had to do it now.

He leaned forward, nudging Jeongguk's frozen forehead back with his own, his own hands unclasping from around Jeongguk's back as he pushed off of the ground. He reattached them at the backs of Jeongguk's thighs and lifted him up along with him.

Good thing I'd started lifting weights recently.

He was happy to find that Jeongguk's weight didn't strain his recently disciplined physique, toned muscles allowing him to continue to carry the younger by his thighs as he walked towards the door. Jeongguk had gone along with their new position, burrowing his face into the slope of his shoulder and squeezing his legs around the the elder's hips as he clasped his arms around his neck. He giggled as Taehyung threw his body up up in a jerk of his arms, the boy's splayed thighs hitching up further and clasping higher around his waist.

"Shh, baby. Let's see who's there... " Taehyung tried to silence the younger, eyeing the crack in the door frame to peek through into the shop.

"Is it Jimin-hyung?" Jeongguk whispered, lips brushing against his earlobe as he tilted his face to look as well.

"Mhm. Looks like him." Taehyung replied, sounding wistful at the realization. "Guess our time's up, then."

He gently dropped the boy onto his feet, landing him safely grounded to the floor before pulling away from his touch. He eyed Jimin's shadow growing taller under the doorway, turning his back to Jeongguk's crestfallen expression. The younger's eyes glistened with tears as he watched Taehyung step away from himself.

"Hyung— "

Taehyung prevented him from voicing his complaint, hurrying back to press a quick kiss to Jeongguk's forehead for consolation.

"Later." Was all he said, taking a couple of long strides away from the younger just before the lounge room's door began to open.

Jimin stepped in, eyeing the modest space between the two men in front of him with disdain, face falling in realization.

"I knew it. Kim Taehyung, you son of a bitch. What the hell did you do to him?" Jimin scolded, walking over to cup Jeongguk's tearful face in his palms. "I knew you'd be difficult, but did you seriously have to to make him cry? Again? I swear, only you would get a kick out of getting back at me like this... "

Taehyung scoffed, looking away when Jimin's scalding gaze landed on him accusingly. He didn't deny it, though, because it would be easier if he didn't have to explain what had actually happened during their makeup session.

I wouldn't know where to begin in the first place, even if I wanted to tell him the truth.

"N-no, I'm fine. Taehyung-hyung didn't do anything to me... " Jeongguk trailed off, eyeing the ground as his face heated up at the double meaning hidden in his words.

But Taehyung knew. He understood Jeongguk's regretful tone. The boy wasn't relieved that Taehyung hadn't done anything. On the contrary, he sounded like he had wanted him to do something. Like he wanted to add a 'not yet,' to the end of his sentence.

"Why do you always defend him, Kookie? It's almost like you enjoy it when he makes you feel like shit. You should just tell him to go fuck himself, once and for all, and then maybe you'll feel better," Jimin continued, oblivious to the context of the younger's words.