Haechis and Bazookas

///////

Taehyung turned around slowly, body stunned into a silent haze.

Sure enough, standing there in a grey suit tailored to lethal perfection, stood a man whom Taehyung hasn't seen since the night his life turned upside-down. His memory flashed back to that fateful moment when everything had changed.

Taehyung stood, marvelling at his own work.

Killing, the actual affair of taking his first life, wasn't hard. There was no tremor in his hand as he pulled the trigger, no wave of nausea as the body slumped to the ground in a boneless heap, no wave of remorse to take him under after the fact. It was easy. Almost too easy.

But as Taehyung was receeding into the night, the same shadows that he had emerged from before making his attack, he felt a prodding on his lower back.

The nuzzle of a gun, nudged into his spine.

"What a mess you've made, oh little one," a voice spoke into his ear from behind, gravelly and coarse in tenor.

Taehyung stilled as the imposter's gun pressed harder into his back, the coldness of the metal radiating beneath his clothes.

"Give me one good reason I shouldn't kill you right now," the voice commanded, taking on a pernicious edge.

"There is none," Taehyung replied sullenly. "Do it. Kill me. Take my life just like I took his. Just like he took hers. It doesn't matter to me, so just do it."

The stranger paused, as if contemplating his next move. Taehyung squeezed his eyes shut in preparation for his impending death.

"Hmm. Interesting. How eager you are to die," the stranger observed, as the pressure on his back eased up, "or rather, how unwilling you are to continue living."

Taehyung laughed. He couldn't find the fear, the fight for staying alive in his heart.

"What's the point? We all die anyways. The world is just one big hospice. And he took her away from me, so I have nothing to live for anymore," Taehyung breathed, body relaxing in resignation at his own statement.

"What a strange way of thinking. A dangerous way," the man marvelled, pivoting around Taehyung's passive body to come and stand next to the corpse on the ground. "Because a nihilistic philosophy in a childlike mind is dangerous indeed. Like a naive little bird, fluttering its broken wings to add to the chaos of an entropic world. A sparrow, perhaps?"

Taehyung observed his back, a seemingly small but stout frame of a middle age bordering on elderly man.

"What a waste. He was just going to make a business transaction with me on behalf of Daekwon Industries. Or, what's left of it, anyway." The man gestured to the lifeless body of Lee Joonwoo on the floor. "Who's going to sign over his assets to me now?"

Taehyung waited for the shock of his realization to come to his body, but it never did. He was too far gone in his own sorrow to care. Too numb.

"You will have to pay for this, child," the man continued, coming to stand in front of Taehyung's immobile form. "Make it up to me for this inconvenience."

"I have nothing to offer a man like you," Taehyung responded earnestly, scanning the man from head to toe and noting the opulence of his very demeanor. An attitude of wealth only a lifetime of self-importance could supply.

"Oh, I'm sure that's not true, my little Sparrow."

There he was, Park Minjun, in the flesh. The infamous man that held a tight leash around Taehyung's throat for the past ten years. The reason he was in Jeon house at this very moment, even if the former remained oblivious to that fact.