It's Just An Act

Depuis le début

"Max, come on, sit up!" Harry cries, pulling him into a sitting position. Tom sobs into Harry, his screams all too painful, making more tears stream down your cheeks. You swallow hard, wiping away your tears.

"It's gonna be okay, you're gonna be okay," Harry whispers, rubbing his hand up and down Tom's back. You wished you could jump up and help him, but in the back of your head you knew you couldn't. Gods, hearing him cry was making your heart break, and all you wanted to do was hug him, all you wanted to do was to remind him that you loved him forever.

"CUT!" You snap out of your trance, quickly wiping your tears, as everyone rushes over to Tom, and Harry patting and hugging them. Tom laughs, jogging over to you.

"Hey!! Did you like it?" Tom smiles. You jolt again, putting on a fake smile. Tom wraps his arms around you, and you slip off the chair, gripping him tightly. Tom chuckles, pulling away to look at you.

"You okay?" he asks, eyes full of concern. You laugh it off, and nod... even though that was a huge lie. Your heart was pounding against your chest and you thought you were going to throw up, but you kept it down.

"Yes!! You did amazing, I am so proud of you!!" you smile brightly, pulling him in for a kiss. You kissed him like it was the last time you ever would, your heart still pounding your thoughts spinning in circles making you feel dizzy.

"Are... are you sure you're okay?" Tom asks, tucking a piece of hair behind your ear, and stroking your cheekbone with his thumb. You shake your head with a laugh.

"Yeah. I'm just gonna go to the bathroom, and then we can head out 'kay?" you smile. Tom gives a nod, still seeming a little unsure, but plants a kiss to your forehead. You give him a reassuring smile before exiting the room and going down the hall. The second the door closes, you suck in a deep breath, your hands shaking slightly. You felt tears pricking at your eyes, as you pushed open the bathroom door and began to sob. You grip onto the sink so you don't fall to the floor.

How could he give off so much pain? It just looked so real and made your heart physically hurt. You suck in deep breaths through your sobs, trying to not start hyperventilating, but you sink to the floor in sobs.

~Tom's POV~

"Hey, I'm gonna go grab Y/n, see you guys Monday?" I question, and everyone waves goodbye. I pull my sweatshirt over my head, heading into the hall.

I go to knock on the girl's bathroom door when I hear sobbing. My brows furrow. Was Y/n crying?

"Y/n? Are you in there?" I ask, knocking on the door. The crying comes to an abrupt stop. Now I was more confused.

"Y/n?" I call out again, panicking a bit. I try to open the door but it's locked.

"I'm okay!! Just washing my hands!" Y/n calls back, and my pounding heart slows. I hear the water turn off, the lock of the door click, and it opens to reveal Y/n's face.

"What's wrong?" she chuckles with a confused look, before slipping herself under my arm.

"Were you crying?" I ask. Y/n raises a brow at me like I'm crazy and laughs.

"No! Come on, let's head home and get some... sushi?" she suggests with a knowing smile, and my eyes light up.

"Yes!!" I exclaim, planting a kiss to her temple, making her smile. I pull her tighter into my chest, planting another kiss on top of her head.

~time skip~

My brows furrow together, as I let out a small yawn. Sleep clouded my brain, as I moved my arm to pull Y/n closer into my chest, but she wasn't there. Where was she?