Day of Rest

Ren's POV:

For the past three weeks, Shikamaru and I have been planing the exams which were exhausting so today we decided to just relax. I woke up and made some breakfast and went to go pick up Shikamaru. I finally reached the Nara household and knocked on their door. As I stepped back the door quickly swung open. "Hey." said a familiar voice.

"Oh hi, you ready?" I said still startled by the door.

"Yeah sure. What do you wanna do first?" he asked as we made our way down the street.

"Umm, how about we go cloud watching. I love to watch the clouds float around it helps calm me." I looked over at him and his face was shocked. "Did I say something or-"

"No, it's just uh I like to watch clouds too. I know the perfect spot," he said while taking my hand and leading me to the forest. He's holding my hand I thought as a blush crept upon my face. We finally arrived in a small clearing. "We're here." he finally said.

We both laid down our arms touching ever so slightly. Every once in and while one of us would point out a funny-looking cloud. After staying like that for about 2 hours we finally decided it was time to get something to eat since we were both hungry.

"How about we go to Ichiraku's Ramen. I didn't get a chance to eat some and Naruto told me about how good it is." I suggested

"Yeah sure, sounds good to me," he said while putting out his hand to help me up. I decided that this was the perfect opportunity to have some fun. I pulled him down with me and flipped us over so I was straddling him. He yelped at the new position then in a flash flipped us over again so he was on top of me. I could feel my breathing getting heavier his too. We both stayed in that position staring into each other's eyes. Finally, he got up and there was a confused expression on his face.

"Gotcha!" I said while holding out his hair tie, "Catch me if you can!"

Shikamaru's POV:

"She's going to be the end of me," I muttered to myself. I swatted my hair away from my face  and started to chase after her. After chasing her for about 10 minutes I realized that  she stopped moving. I looked over and saw her resting behind a tree. This is the perfect time to use my shadow strangle justu I thought. I stayed hidden while trying to formulate a plan. 

It was finally time to put my plan in motion first I crept up behind and said, "Shadow Strangle Justu!" As my shadow strangled her she suddenly went up in a cloud of smoke. "Wha- a shadow clone justu."

"Yep you got that right." came a voice from above l. I looked up and saw her perched up in a tree branch holding out my hair tie carelessly. All of a sudden while she was taunting me a wind came in and the hair tie blew away. I stared in shock as my hair tie disappeared in a flash.

"Oh shit- ah I'm sorry," she stuttered out, "Here have mine." She came down quickly and untied her hair. It fell lazily along her shoulders I couldn't help but stare. She looked beautiful with it down.

"What?" she asked.

"Oh- nothing it's just that your hair down suits you more. N— not that you weren't already pretty bu-" I stuttered out. Uh that's so not how to compliment her I thought.

"Umm thanks I guess." she said as she handed me the hair tie.

I took it and made an attempt to hold my hair in one but there were a couple strands sticking out. I sighed in frustration my mom was usually the one who did this for me and I didn't have a mirror so I couldn't see myself either. All of a sudden I heard laughing coming from behind me.

"Do you need help with that." Ren struggled to say with a straight face.

I looked down at the ground and grumbled, "Yeah."

She walked towards me and began to slowly gather my hair in her hands. Her hands felt amazing on my scalp as she began to brush my sides with her fingers. She held out her hand signaling me to give her the hair tie which I did. Finally tied my hair back up into the ponytail it once was in. "There good as new." she stated.

"Thanks, I guess."

"No problem. We should probably start heading back now."

"Yeah, Ino and Choji are probably wondering where we are."

"Wait they now that we're hanging out together?"

"I might've told Choji who told Ino who told my parents who told the whole village so know everybody thinks we're on a date."

"Well most people would consider what we did a date."

"Do you... consider this a date?"

"Umm sure do you."

"I guess if you then it's a date."

"Ok then a date between friends."

We both got up and went back to the village holding hands while we did so of course. When we finally arrived we relived how late it had gotten and Ichiraku's was closed. "Well umm," I mumbled out, "If you don't mind you could have dinner at my house."

Ren's POV:

Dinner at his house?! "S- Sure." I replied Oh god that was horrible now I sound desperate I thought to myself. "Okay let's go," he said while wrapping and arm around my waist.

A/N: Duh Duh Duhhhhhh A cliffhanger. Sorry to leave you guys off like this I need to brainstorm how this dinner is going to go.