The Peck

Shikamaru's POV:

I stood there in awe as I recalled just a moment before that Ren kissed me on the cheek. Now don't get me wrong she's a pretty girl and she seems like she's a nice person but we just met and she's already kissing me on the cheek. Maybe that's just her way of thanking people I thought. I finally pulled myself to get her and started walking home which wasn't that far away which is why I offered to walk with her.

As I walked through the front door my mother started yelling. What a drag I said to myself while she was lecturing me on how I'm not supposed to break my 9:00 curfew. I just looked at her and nodded my head arguing would be too much trouble. As I finally entered my room and layer down on my bed I couldn't stop thinking about Ren and that peck she gave me on my cheek. I blushed as I remembered her laugh while we were at the restaurant, she got along with everyone so smoothly. As I felt myself start to get sleepy I wondered if she was thinking about me too.

Ren's POV:

As I closed the door I thought to myself why did I kiss him we just met. He probably thinks I'm weird now, why do I have to be so impulsive. "You ok?" asked Naruto. I sighed in frustration and just stomped into the kitchen and took out an instant ramen. "Hello, Ren, I'm talking to you." he pestered.

"I can hear you Naruto I just don't feel like talking right now."

"Oh ok. Are you on your period again?" he asked curiously.

"Wha- No! Why the fuck would you ask me that?" I stated furiously.

"Well it's just that every time your on it your always grouchy and you eat a lot too." he said gesturing towards my ramen.

I instantly threw the nearest thing near me which was a knife and it landed a centimeter from his face. He stood there in shock at what just happened. 

"I'm sorry," I sighed, "I'm just mad at myself for doing something without thinking."

"Well what was it?"

"I accidentally kissed Shikamaru on the cheek and now I don't know what to do because we just met, what if he thinks I'm weird and doesn't wanna talk to me anymore." 

"Wait did you say Shikamaru?!"

"Yeah."

"Well if there's one thing I know about him is that he'll probably just brush it off so you have nothing to worry about. He wouldn't want to go through all that trouble if overthinking because it would take to much effort."

"Oh ok thanks Naruto."

"No problem, now tell me why did you kiss him on the cheek. Do you have a crush?"

"Uh- no I just met him! I mean he is cute and his hair looks fluffy and his eyes I could get lost in them for days, but I DON'T have a crush on him. He's just attractive."

"Okayyyyyyy."

"Shut up before I throw another knife at your head, and this time I won't miss."

After that he backed off and we just sat there in silence while I ate my ramen. I finished my food and said my goodnight. When I woke up I saw there was a note from Naruto that he went on a misssion to the sand. I yawned and made my way to the kitchen and began trying to make myself breakfast when I realized Naruto had no groceries except for ramen. So I got changed and went out to do some shopping. 

As I made my way along the streets I ran into a certain genin. "Oi Ren over here," Konahamaru waved over, "Granny Tsunade wanted me to tell you to meet her at the hokage's office."

"Ok thanks for letting me know Konahamaru." I replied.

"No problem. Do you uh need help with those?" he asked pointing to the bags in my hands.

"Yeah thanks," I said while handing him some of my bags, "Just follow me."

We made our way through the streets all the way to Naruto's apartment I dropped off the groceries and made my way to the hokage's office while Konahamaru trailed behind me. I wondered how much she's changed I mean she is the hokage now and I haven't seen her for the past 13 years of my life. We finally reached the building and the little genin showed me the way to her office. Now that I look back on it I probably should've knocked because I soon as I opened the door I her a bang. I looked behind the door and there was a familiar Nara clutching his nose. "Oh shit I'm sorry, here let me help." I said while grabbing Konahamaru's scarf to clean his bloody nose.

"No it's fine I'll just have a medical ninja heal me," he said.

"Ahem-" came a voice from the front of the room, "I don't see you for 13 years and I can't even get a simple greeting."

I quickly left Shikamaru and ran to go hug Tsunade. We stayed like that for a while then she cleared her throat. We both pulled away with smiles both on our faces.

"Oi old lady how do you know Ren?" exclaimed Konahamaru obviously confused by our actions.

"Well I guess she's kind of like my niece right?" she replied turning towards me.

"Yeah I guess, I mean you are kind of like a sister to my dad. Wait... no let me rephrase that more like close friend." I said because it was no secret that my father was in love with Tsunade.

"Who's your dad anyways?" asked the still curious genin.

"Jiraiya the toad sage." said Shikamaru while finally recovering from his nose bleed. He handed Konahamaru his scarf back which was covered with blood. Then he walked over to where Tsunade and I were standing and asked, "What was it you wanted me for again?"

"Oh yes that. I understand that I have you in charge of the chunin exams this year is that correct?"

"Ye-"

"Ok so I would also like Ren to join you with planning them this year because you said and I quote 'planning the chunin exams can be such a drag and it takes too much effort.' Am I correct?"

"Yes but she isn't even a chunin let alone a genin."

"That reminds me Ren you are now officially a jonin I understand that you've trained with your father him being one of the sannin I should except greatness from you too. But then again he is known as the pervy sage so don't act too much like him."

I stood there shocked I had just arrived here in Konoha and now I was a jonin the highest rank of a ninja. I smiled to myself as I was handed my jacket I thanked her and made my way out. "Congrats on the promotion Ren." said Shikamaru.

"Oh thanks," I replied, "and about that kiss last night I just wanted to say that I didn't mean it- not that I didn't want to I mean I did want to that's why I did it but it's not li-" I rambled on before I was cut off.

"It's fine," he shrugged lazily.

Wow I thought to myself Naruto was right maybe I was overreacting I mean it's not like he really cared for the peck I gave him on the cheek. I kinda felt a little mad that he didn't at least acknowledge it instead he brushed it off but at least it wasn't awkward between us.