64 - Part 1: Dominance

Start from the beginning

Leopoldo unsheathed his blade and lunged in one smooth motion, moving like streaking lightning. In the same moment Alana had shot out her hiding place.

Leopoldo's blade sunk deep into flesh; a horrid squelching sound drew all breaths to a halt.

Both Leopoldo's and Alana's eyes widened as they stared into each other's orbs. Warm, thick liquid ran down Alana's skin like honey on a summer day, but it made her heart skip a beat. She could not believe it; her mind could not fathom what was happening as her sense came crashing down on her. What do I do? That was the only thought running through her mind. How could she fix the situation?

Leopoldo was shocked, he knew Alana was in the room by her scent, but he was not expecting her to jump out. My light, my sunshine, why? Why would you do that? Leopoldo's breath was caught in his throat.

"Le-Leo?" Alana whimpered looking down at the blade covered in crimson.

"Oh?" Ivo's demon followed Alana's eyeline down. "You got me."

Leopoldo stabbed Ivo...? Alana could not take her eyes off the blade protruding from Ivo's chest.

I never wanted her to see me do something so vulgar. I tainted my dear Alana's eyes. Leopoldo hated the thought Alana witnessing him do something so violent, he wanted all her memories of him to be happy.

"Alana," Leopoldo shook the thoughts for the moment. "Run."

"B-But... Ivo..." Alana felt the sob climbing up.

"This won't kill him! Just go!" Leopoldo assured, driving the blade further into the demon.

Ivo groaned in discomfort but kept his mission clear, once again raising his claws to the girl.

This time Alana was not frozen and was able to duck before the claws came into contact with her.

"GO, Alana!" Leopoldo pleaded.

Without waiting around for another attack Alana scurried between the two men's' legs as it was the only opening. Once on the other side of Leopoldo she fought to climb to her feet, stumbling a little and ran for the exit.

As she fled, she wiped Ivo's blood from her face with the back of her hand, her bandage soaking it up. When Leopoldo had stabbed through the demon the blood splatter had dashed across her frightened features.

Alana had no idea where she would go, her mind was so jumbled that reason was lost on her. She headed back in the direction she came and further down into the ship.

In the storage room Ivo and Leopoldo stood still, a tense silence falling over them.

"You have no right to take her from us," Leopoldo almost growled.

"She is going to leave anyway," The demon replied. "Why not make sure she cannot go anywhere?"

"That is not what we want!" Leopoldo barked. "That isn't what Ivo would want!"

"I know what Ivo wants. I am in his soul." The spirit commented. "If he wants that girl on the ship forever, I will keep her skeleton here."

"I won't let you! I will not let you harm her! And I won't let you use Ivo to do it!"

"Let me? You couldn't let me do anything." The demon almost laughed.

A cloud of gray smoke appeared, and Ivo was gone. Leopoldo's blade fell from the missing body and he spun on his heel expecting the demon to attack from behind. Though, he was not there.