Marinette sat down on the bench in a park nearby. It felt nice to see people happy and joyful. She was doing her job right. Keeping everyone safe and happy . A small smile graced the ravenette's face .

But if you looked closely enough, just close enough , you'd know it was a sad smile . A smile of exhaustion,  a smile which had never been real , a fake smile which graced her features everyday , just to see others happy.

She always invested so much in trying to keep everyone safe and not getting akumatized herself but it was increasingly becoming difficult. She was getting exhausted physically and mentally . She had no time to breath peacefully . Children her age were freely playing and laughing , they didn't have the burden of the world on their shoulders .

Marinette wondered how long would her shoulders be able to hold out.

She shook her head , shrugging out the negativity in her head . Not letting the dark thoughts plague her mind .

She really wanted to forget whatever had happened today . Marinette still wasn't able to digest the fact that she had totally lost Alya . There was no going back now . The last bit of hope she had left that everything could be normal again vanished . Why couldn't things just be a little easier?

Marinette sighed and started walking home again . Small drops of rain started falling down . And then heavily . Two things bad and one thing good . Just my luck.

Marinette ran to the nearest shelter she could find and quietly stood there .

She debated about transforming and going home but she'd get a little wet anyway as she'd have to find a place with no people to transform and detransform .

Today just wasn't her day . Marinette heard the door of the convenience store open behind her ,  she looked back only to see , Felix???

==================================

Felix watched as Marinette rushed off clearly overwhelmed . Felix knew not to follow the ravenette as she looked like she needed to be alone . She never seemed to catch a brake .

Felix quietly stood there , as the brunette slowly stood up sputtering nonsense about how it was her fault and played the victim card . He would've tried to make people apologize to Marinette but seeing them he knew that they were idiots who were better to be kept far away .

He would've also tried to stop his spineless brother from running after Marinette but he knew that there was no use of telling that to Adrien .

As much as Felix liked his cousins ability to fuck everything up , he also knew that there was a bigger flaw to Adrien and that was of being a pushover.

Felix knew that his cousin was aware of lila's lies and her deceptive methods . But he did nothing , he wanted a perfect utopia where everyone lived happily . Felix couldn't understand where that notion came from .

Maybe from his messed up family life? His father who is an asshole who overworks his son just to keep his company going? His father who shut his son in for God knows how long just to make sure that he could free up his schedule whenever he wanted that too for his own profits???

Felix didn't even remember the last time he and Adrien had hung out and watched movies and gone to the arcade together . Maybe it was a little over 8 years ago.

Adrien was so stressed out from his work and home that he didn't want his school life to be stressful as well . So he let him go. He let Adrien go behind Marinette .

Somehow Felix had a feeling that Adrien is either going to remove his rose tinted glasses today or have them shattered. But Felix knew that Marinette wouldn't carry out the latter option as she was too kind and caring for that matter .