°~Sin : Part 2~°

Start from the beginning

He had been wearing the same shirt he was given when he was 9 years old and it became shorter with each passing year. The same could be said with his dulled pair of kahkis. Nevertheless, the boy enjoyed the simplest things in life, one of them being his extremely rich best friend, Y/N.

Soon after, the excited girl shows up at the high window with her hair pulled back into a ponytail. A thick, sturdy branch of the 60 year old Oak tree ran past her window and she  clung onto it, crawling towards the main trunk of the tree.

"Be careful, the wood is wet!"
Taehyung warns, his hands reaching upto the branch but not able to reach her.
And just as he spoke, a squeal emits from Y/N's mouth as her legs and hands slip, unable to find her grip.

Like the rain that fell to the ground, Y/N tumbled off the branch and landed with a thump onto the slushy mud beneath them, ruining her sky blue dress and new boots, sending chunks of mud flying Taehyung's way.

Despite the mud that stuck onto his cheek, he rushes to the petite girl that groaned in the soil.
"Y/N! Are you hurt?! I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have-"
The boy is halted when a fresh coating of mud covers his face and Y/N's giggling follows.

"That's what you get for making me do this, you coconut!"
She yells out, backing away from him as he slowly wipes the muck off his face. His teeth jut out from his lower jaw, trying mimick some sort of imaginary monster as he picks up a handful of mud and runs towards Y/N.

Squealing, the two of them run around, mud flying here and there with the rain being their sole cleanser. The sky blue of her dress now mimicked the dull matte of the sky above them. Large patches of mud stained it, like the clouds stained the once blue sky.

The rain had become their living fabric, something they could reach their hands through and let their fingers play in. It reminded them of being in the school bus with the window open, their hands surfing the fast moving air and a strict reprimanding from their bus driver soon after.

After hours of playing in the rain and mud, they lay exhausted under the large Oak tree that hovered over them, as though it knew about the innocence of the pair and protected them from the spiteful world.

"Let's do this more often.."
Taehyung says, chest heaving in exhaustion as his arm wrapped around the petite brunette's soaking wet shoulder.
She giggles, looking up at him through her long eyelashes that brushed against her marshmallow cheeks.

"Yes, I had a lot of fun Taetae.."
She whispers out, placing a kiss on the boy's soft cheek, hugging him soon after.
"This was the dress Mom bought me for my birthday! I'm afraid she'll yell at me.."
The small girl whined as Taehyung chuckles.

"It's just a dress, it doesn't matter."
"Why not? It was pretty.."
She mumbles, pulling at the hems of the now brown dress.
"Because, things like that will wear out and eventually be thrown away. But I'll always be here, and I won't allow you to throw me away."
The boy says with a small smile, patting the girl's head as she looks up at him in a way he's never seen before.

Her eyes spoke of a beautiful soul and her movements told of a need for nurture. She was taken aback, for no-one ever spoke those words to her. Her parents would pamper her with everything she wanted but the three words she longed to hear from them never escaped their mouths.