Chapter 6: Glares p.t. 2

[edited/added 5/18/23]

I caught Jean's eyes for a moment, glaring back before maneuvering up to a tree. I could feel his eyes linger as I glided out of sight. 'What the hell was that for?'

-- Mess Hall --

After we finished training, the commandant directed us all to the mess hall. I sat next to Eren and Mikasa, chatting about our experiences throughout the day. Potatoes and an odd mystery stew lie before us, some cadets hesitating before diging in, others diving right in. I was one of the hesitant ones, but eventually I started to eat. I brushed a strand of my hair behind my ear before picking up my bent metal spoon.

Yet again I felt that annoying glare before I could even take a bite. I looked up and you know it, Jean was staring right at me. Again. 'Whats his damn problem? What did I do this time? Y'know what I'm not even gonna bother.' I sighed before slamming my spoon down on the table, staring at the messy tray before me intensely. I felt his eyes boreing into my head, burning almost physically. I stood up quick and started making my way out of my seat at the bench. "That's it-" Eren heard me under my breath and looked across the room to the jackass glaring at me. He put it together and stood up abruptly to stop me. "Y/n, y/n, y/n, It's not worth getting kicked out of training! He's just being himself, you know him," Eren looked at me pleadingly. I thought about his words before letting him drag me back to my seat, still glaring at Jean. Jean never broke eye contact, almost staring into my soul. It got to the point where, all right just listen-

"ALL RIGHT THATS IT-" I jumped on top of my table, quickly leaping across two more before crouching in front of him on his table. I grabbed his collar, seething at his face.

"The hell you staring at horse ass?"

"Your stupid crackhead looking motherfuck-"

I head butted him, his nose spurting blood immediately. Eren was by me in seconds, but I pushed him back, and I raised my arm to take a swing at him. I could tell he was waiting for the blow.

It just never came.

There I was, I could do it. I could end this stupidity now with one punch. But I couldn't. He cautiously opened one eye to see my straddling him with my fist in front of his face. I stood quickly, kicking him smoothly, making it look like an accident while stepping over him. Then I turned and held my hand out for him to grab. He looked confused. Hesitantly he took my hand. I thought about kicking him again but surprisingly enough I helped him up without malicious intent.

Still no words. He looked me up and down before keeping eye contact with me.
"What's your problem man?"

Stubbornly, he said "you" he held the back of his neck, usually a sign of nervousness, but I shrugged it off as him being afraid to get his ass kicked again.

Soon after that dinner ended.

-- On the way to the cabins --
(Y/n's POV)

I walked behind the rest of the group, spending more time outside in the cool breeze. Everyone went into their male/female cabins and I just stood there in the dark feeling the breeze with my eyes closed. My body suddenly tensed as I heard a twig break on the ground nearby. Somebody's out here, but who?

I peeked and eye open and turned around to see no one and breathed a sigh of relief. Just my nerves. I turned back to head back to the cabins and almost screamed.

"Jean?!" I caught myself before I actually yelled. "What are you doing out here? Are you following me?" He caught himself before hesitantly denying.

"Hell no, why would I follow someone like you?"

'Someone like me huh,' my look darkened.
"What are you doing out here." I said with a flat tone. I was focusing on the ground. I heard his clothes rustle and out of the corner of my eye I saw his hand come towards me. I flinched. A little harder than I should've.

"You.- You thought I was gonna hit you.?"

I looked at him with a blank face before laughing manically. He was confused.

"A-are you," he coughed before asking., " A-alright.?"

"Yeah no shit I thought you'd fucking hit me we've been fighting since we met and you finally got me at a sort of weak point." I stared coldly.

After that I harshly bumped his shoulder and walked past him into the female's cabin.

A/N
I PLAN TO UPDATE SOON SO HAHAHHAHA CLIFF HANGERRR