Infinity

I was woken up by the sunlight. It shone in my eyes, making the room appear golden. It felt different but special. I no longer feel like i'm debating with myself over my feelings. I feel secure, i feel as if the choice i have made is correct.

I roll over, the sun shining in my eyes as we forgot to close the last night.

"Buongiorno mi amore" i say expecting to see his face in his pillow like he always did.

I sit up suddenly, my eyes scan the room. He's gone. Where the fuck has he gone this early? I check the time, its only 6am. Oh god. Has he run away from me? Does he hate me? What is going on? I keep questioning the situation, starting to panic as he doesn't answer me calling his name.

I roll out of bed. I run downstairs and starting calling for him. No response.

"WHERE ARE YOU" I scream starting to panic. 

He wouldn't have left me. Would he? I start to cry. My feelings are everywhere again. Have i done something wrong? Why wouldn't he have told me he was going out?

I reach for my phone, i call him. 

"Hello?" I ask

Its just his voicemail

"FUCK" I cry, slamming my phone down onto the counter in frustration and thorough panic. Where is he?

I try calling Victoria. Thank god, she always answers her phone.

"Marlena, are you ok? It's like 6am!" She asks sounding a little irritated.

"No, i cant find Damiano. Is he with you" I ask, praying and hoping that she says yes.

"No, why?" She says sounding a little more concerned. 

Oh no. Where would he even be? I don't know how he could just leave me like this, without an explanation. I feels like my heart had dropped to my stomach. What if he's breaking up with me?I collapse onto the sofa and cry. I put my hands on my head. No, Marlena, i'm sure everything is ok. He's probably just gone to the shops? No, the shops aren't even open, oh my god. Why couldn't he have left a note or something? It's probably not but i just keep thinking about this being his way to break up with me without facing me in person. I cry even more. I'm not even home. I'm at his house. I've got to go, just in case. 

I run upstairs, my cheeks wet with tears. I don't want to lose him again. Why is he doing this? I pull my suitcase down from his wardrobes. I begin to pack. I fold my clothes, putting them i suitcase. My heart hurts. My stomach is twirling. I better try calling him one last time. I pick up my phone.

"Please answer..." I mumble as i press the button to call.

Again it goes to answerphone. But then. Then i hear the door open. Oh, please be him. Even though, i'm angry, please, please be him. I can hear footsteps walking up to our room. His room. I dab my tears dry with my t-shirt.

"Bambina, what are you doing" he asks. Looking confused as he looks down on me. packing my bags.

"Where the fuck have you been? I thought you were running from me! Are you?" I ask frustrated and sad.

"Of course not. I wanted to get you something. I thought you would've still be asleep" He says walking over to me, putting his hand on my shoulder.

Shit. I've got it wrong again. Why do i always jump to conclusions?

"What?" I ask, feeling a little embarrassed now. 

"I went and got you something. It was supposed to show how much you mean to me" He says.

I stand up so i'm face to face with him. He starts eye contact. His hazel eyes are so beautiful. 

"What is it?" I ask him curiously.

He reaches into his pocket and pulls out what appears to be a necklace. My mouth drops a little as his thoughtfullness. It's a beautiful gold necklace with an infinity sign on it. 

"Dami..." I say, observing it.

"Its for you because i love you for infinity for forever" He says. 

How is he always so sweet? He lifts my hair up and puts it on me.

"Thank you. Ti amo" I say as i lean forward.

My lips touch his. It's slow and passionate. Why did i think he would leave me?

"You look beautiful in it. Ti amo, amore mio" 

"I love you more. For infinity"