End Of The Road

"I just don't know if I can trust you anymore" I tell him, tears streaming down my cheek

He walks over to me and tucks a strand of hair behind my ear as I continue to cry. This feeling is unbelievably horrible.

"No, please, Marlena. You can. You can trust me. I promise you" he pleads. He begins to cry as well. He sniffles and he cries and tries to pull me into a hug. But I resist and pull away from him wiping my tears.
"Please just tell me what I can do. What can I do?" He asks in desperosity.

I step back in pain. I'm confused myself. I sit down on the bed and put my head in my hands trying to hold all my emotion inside.

"Why aren't you saying anything? Please answer me. I love you" he says beginning to cry properly.

"And I love you, I just-"

"You just what? Don't trust me?"

"No, I do. I do trust you I just can't-"

"What?"

"I don't know. I dont. Just seeing you with all these women surrounding you everyday. Seeing you in the news. Them suggesting you're cheating on me and that you've got a new lady everyday. I just can't deal with it Damiano" 

I begin to struggle to talk. I can't breathe. I don't want to leave him but i can't stay with him either.

He walks over to me and sits down next to me. He takes my hands in his and looks into my eyes with his deep brown ones.

"Listen to me, listen" he manages to get out.
"I love you and only you. We can get through this"

"We've already tried" I say wiping my eyes in sadness and guilt.

"You're breaking my heart, Marlena. I would never hurt you, please understand" he says, pleading me to stay.

"I will always love you Damiano. Please know that. But right now, I think it's best if we.." This is it.

"No, no, please, please don't finish that sentence"

More tears stream down his face and he tries to pull me into a hug again. I again resist. It's time to end this cycle.

"We need to take some time apart. Maybe forever? Maybe not forever? But we do" I say, I'm in pieces now, I can hardly breathe. I love him so much but out relationship feels sabotaged.

"No, baby please" he begs. He goes to kiss my lips but I turn so he ends up kissing my cheek.

"I love you" I say as I stand up and reach for my coat.

"I'll never give up on us Marlena.." he says, still unable to move from his pain.

"Goodbye, Damiano" I say as I pull open the door.

"I'll never ever stop loving you and I'm here for you always. I know we will work" he says. I could only just make out what he's saying through his sad voice.

That was the hardest thing I've ever done. I love him so much.  I feel so guilty but it's for the best. Right? I hope one day we will find our way back to each other and will be able to feel happy.