Flight To Rome

My phone began to ring. Damiano, I thought. But no. It was Victoria. I didn't even know I had her number.

"Marlena. You need to talk to Damiano. You need to see him. He's an absolute mess. He won't shut up about you, please could you just talk to him. Give him a chance?" She pleaded.

"Victoria, I love Damiano. But it's never going to work"

You could hear her swallow.

"Please, Marlena. Please come see him. I'll buy you a plane ticket if I have to"

I was actually considering it. I know I shouldn't but it's so tempting. I really shouldn't.

"Ok, I will"

What the fuck is wrong with me. I've really given in that easily. I hear the sound of what seems to be someone kiss Vic through the phone.

"Shh" She says rather sharply

I assume that's Damiano.

"Marlena, I've got you a ticket for tonight at 8:00? Is that ok?" She asks

"8:00? What? That's so soon. That's in 4 hours" I gasp.

"Yes I know, but please you guys must talk"

"Ok, ok. See you soon"  I say

I hang up the phone and rush to pack all my stuff that I need to travel to Italy. what am I doing?

I pack up all my things. I rummage through my closet to find my best clothes although I don't quite know why.

My phone pings.

"Thank you" is all it says. It's from Damiano. I really do love him even if it's wrong to.

I rush and rush to be as quick as I can before running down stairs, getting in a taxi, traveling to the airport and finally getting on the plane.

Should I be doing this?

I stare out the window of the plane and see the runway. The sun begins to set as it's already late.

"Welcome passengers to this flight to Rome" the pilot announces.

Here we go.