First Advice

╭⋟──────────────────────╮
Comeback review of Everglow and Taemin
╰──────────────────────⋞╯

╭                                            ╮
Last melody : Everglow

╰                                             ╯

First:-
The marvelous song, first. One of the best mv songs of the year. The visuals on point! I mean Aisha and Mia bias wrecked me. Song wise I did love the song but it felt a bit familiar. No plagiarism accusations just an opinion. It is not my most favourite song in the single album but it definitely ruled the album. Perfect way to start this year's everglow. La di da has a competition.

Don't ask don't tell:-
For a spooky title, it sure is too soft in melody. I did like the song but it didn't manage to match up the title. I expected something dark ballad. Nevertheless it was amazing! I do like the song but it is my least favourite of the album.

Please please:-
I must say the titles together makes a short story line, 'First, Don't Ask Don't Tell, Please Please.' Kinda nice. This song is so nice!! I loved it in first listen and is my most favourite in the single album. I really loved the background tune and it ruled!!! It was a nice ending for a single album.

A rollercoaster ride indeed. I do love the entire album. Everglow has done it again. Stan everglow, Stan forever.

╭                                        ╮
Advice: Taemin 
╰                                        ╯

Advice: 9/10I really like this song for his comeback, it was definitely better than the last comeback he had, Idea (however Criminal will always have a special place in my heart)

Advice: 9/10
I really like this song for his comeback, it was definitely better than the last comeback he had, Idea (however Criminal will always have a special place in my heart). It’s very catchy, and without looking at the lyrics, you can tell that he popped off. Plus, if you haven’t seen the performances for this, I highly recommend you do because it’s just that good. Granted, it’s also not the taste for everyone, but when it comes to me I enjoyed listening to it. For once it’s not a song about love or anything, but instead I think it gives us a look into his life as a idol, and tells the the story of how no matter what people say about him they don’t understand what goes on with him as a person, so they should keep their mouths shut if they don’t know what they’re talking about. A very powerful message, and I would recommend you take his advice.

Light: 6/10
The vibe is very nice, and just listening to it I enjoyed it. It sounds like a song that one would listen to if they were looking to just unwind or enjoy good music. It’s not necessarily a calming song, but it’s not a bop either. It’s more jazzy which I like, and his voice fits it so well. However, I can’t see myself listening to it on repeat and the lyrics aren’t as good as the title track. It’s a cliche love song again, but I’d definitely recommend you’d at least give a listen.

If I could Tell You: 10/10
Right off the bat, I knew this would be my favorite track on the album. The sound, the vocals, the Taeyeon feature, the lyrics. All of it is just perfect. I could rave on and on about this song, about the message behind you, but I’ll spare you. I was just blown away from this song, I even wondered why it wasn’t the title track for a moment. It’s beautiful and heartbreaking all at once. A perfect resemblance of the right person at the wrong time, and I am in love with it. Just listen and you’ll see. This is the highlight of the album.

Strings: 7/10
This is a more downbeat track, and his voice is very calming in it. It’s like a song that relaxes you but won’t put you to sleep if you know what I mean. A very mood setter song. Not my style, but I found myself enjoying it surprisingly so I have to praise Taemin for accomplishing that with his beautiful beautiful voice. It definitely just BREATHES sexy and with his voice it just made me lost in the song, plus the forwardness of the lyrics were just--OUF. Anyways, I really liked this one.

Sad Kids: 9/10
Such a beautiful song, it’s in close running against “If I could Tell You” for my top favorite song, but don’t worry “If I Could Tell You” held strong. The only thing I didn’t like was the chorus, it sounded a lot like “2 Kids” but that’s understandable considering this song is like a sequel to “2 Kids” but I feel like it could have been done better, I don’t know. If it weren’t for the chorus it might be my favorite song out of the album. Overall, it’s still a masterpiece. It gives you a nostalgic vibe and makes you yearn for your first and lost love. When it stopped I didn’t want it to end, if I’m being honest. I think I could listen to this song all day without ever getting tired of it. Everything about it is beautiful, and the lyrics tell a heartbreaking story, I can’t help but get emotional over it.

Overall Score: 41/50
I really enjoyed the album, and it just makes me so sad that this is the only content I’ll be getting from Taemin for a while. I wish him luck in the military and look forward to the day where I’ll see him again and can appreciate his beautiful voice and talent once more. I would definitely recommend you give this album a listen. It's worth it.

What is your opinion about this?

-Reporter Maple