Vigilante

Author:- epochbts
Interviewer:- Faith

Hello, I'm Faith, I'll be having a little chat with you today regarding your works

Hello, I'm Faith, I'll be having a little chat with you today regarding your works. How may I address you?

You can call me Iman or my nickname 'Lune' which I don't even know why I made up, I don't mind.

So let's start with the first question, shall we?

—☆—

My first question to you is, what has been your biggest inspiration throughout the entire time you wrote your commendable works?

Inspiration? There are a lot including fellow fic writers but mainly, I get inspiration from random things not just limited to novels' or philosophers' quotes — I tend to listen to songs, lyrics, instrumentals and by searching through prompts, artworks or pictures on Pinterest too. I basically get inspiration from my environment, I think?

Might sound funny, but also from my own imagination and fake scenarios.

—☆—

I can relate to you.

Moving onto the next question, when and how did you realise you wanted to be a writer?

To be honest, I've written a few short paragraphs of stories when I was a child around the age of nine. The interest I had for writing wasn't strong at all back then and the first 'work' was me turning the movie 'Frozen' into a novel writing. I was a child. But even then, I wasn't attached to writing as I was to drawing. Other than that, I might have actually been inspired by the animes I watched or games I played too now that I think of it. I was around 10 to 13. I wrote in Microsoft Word, any note apps or free software on my  laptop original stories. At this point, I dreamed to publish some of them but since time was distracting and life issues started kicking my ass, I never wrote much but still planned almost the entire plots anyway. It just felt like a small hobby then and my parents asked me how my 'novel' was going, I just shrugged sheepishly. It was actually when quarantine first started around March of 2020 that I actually started writing and publishing on this app called Wattpad. It was around the time BTS' concept photos for Map of the Soul : 7 came out. Again, this might be funny but since I'm a fan of the Harry Potter series, I thought of alternate universes/fanfiction/plots with Jimin's MOTS:7 concept photo version 4. Here, I was chatting with my ARMY best friend about how attractive Jimin would be as a Slytherin and a student in Hogwarts so I just boldly published my first book 'Blueside'. I had so much free time in quarantine so I wrote and wrote, I started getting some nice comments and started feeling excited to write more scenes I had in mind for the fanfics.
The second work I have is 'Vigilante' and I also got some heartwarming feedbacks, especially the ones which said something along the lines of 'this is something I'd definitely buy at a bookstore' and 'this would definitely be a bestseller'. Vigilante is a fanfiction but unlike my other book Blueside which is inspired by Harry Potter's  universe, it was completely original. So when I got these types of feedbacks for the book, I  genuinely felt like I really wanted to be a writer. Of course, I already wanted to be a writer when I started Wattpad though I guess.