"When, like, a hundred years ago?"Sokka crossed his arms.
"85," Arnook commented.
"The Fire Nation doesn't wear shoulder spikes anymore. The newer uniforms are more streamlined." You explained, remembering all of the soldiers you met during your runaways.

"How do we know we can trust these two? Especially this... girl," The guy scoffed, looking you up and down with a emotion that made you hurl.
"Sokka is from our sister tribe, Hahn. He's a capable warrior and I value his input. And (Y/N) is our ally proven by the many Fire Nation soldiers she has faced and won," Arnook scolds Hahn, making you stick your tongue at the guy.

"Now, our first objective is to determine the identity of their commanding officer." The chief told the soldiers.
"Commander Zhao, that's the man's name. An... old enemy of mine," You coughed, Twig face palming.
"Middle-aged, big sideburns, bigger temper," Sokka motioned sideburns on his face.

"Sokka, (Y/N), I want you two to tell everything you know to Hahn. He's leading this mission. Hahn, show them your respect. I expect nothing less from my future son-in-law," And with that, Arnook walked away. If you and Sokka had been drinking tea, you would've spat it out from the total shock of this news.

"Yue's marrying you?!" You pointed at him.
"Yeah, what of it?" Hahn raised his eyebrow with irritation.
"Nothing. Congratulations." Sokka grumbled and pushed you away from him.

"You know Sokka, I have a sudden urge to call him Winger,"

"Who?"

"...Nothing,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Let me tell you Soaka , I've courted a lot of girls, and Yue may be the finest and she comes with the most perks." Hahn smugly said as he and Sokka sharpened weapons. You were busy on calming Twig down and training on how to use a spear.

"Perks? What does that mean?" Sokka said annoyed.
"I mean, Yue's nice and everything, but the points I'll gain with the chief aren't bad either." Hahn said with confidence.
"And I have no idea why the chief would let a girl fight, she won't last

"But..." The guy trailed off as he eyed you, while you were training with another soldier, blocking his attacks and back facing the two boys.

Sokka was confused, but he followed Hahn's gaze to see him looking at you, which made him ten times angrier.
"I really don't mind tapping her, her assets are everything I'll ever need," Hahn licked his lips at you, but you weren't paying attention, as you were heavily focused on killing Zhao.
"I wonder is she could cook and see for me, how much time she'll give me attention for," Hahn smirked as he kept off naming things.

"You better watch it, or you'll regret it," Sokka hissed, making Hahn raised an eyebrow.
"What do you care? You're just a simple rube from the Southern Tribe. What would you know of courting a girl and taking those points from her? No offense," Hahn smirked, then kept looking at you.

"I wonder... how much better (Y/M/N) will be in bed-"

Aaaaaand that was the final straw.

You jumped as you heard Sokka shout in anger and you turned to see him tackling and fighting with Hahn.
"You're just a jerk without a soul, no offense!" He yelled at Hahn, who tried to strangle him.
"Boomerang! What's wrong?" You yelled as you ran over to pull Hahn away from him.

"Stay out of this girl!" Hahn scowled as Arnook rushed in and pulled the two apart.
"That's enough! Sokka, you're off the mission!" Arnook scolded. Your eyes widen at the fact and Hahn smugly looked at him and turned to the others.

"All right, fall in men! Everybody listen to what I say and we'll take out this Admiral Chō in no time!" He stated and grabbed your arm harshly.
"Let's go little girl," You snarled as Twig but his hand, making him shout in pain.
"Why you little-" You grabbed his collar and pulled him to to eye level.

"If Boomerang is off the mission, then I am too! Like I'll ever follow orders from a little piece of dirt like you. Yue deserves a loving and caring person like literally anyone but you," You darkly muttered, turning to walk away.
"The commander's name is Zhao by the way. And my friend's name is Sokka," You shouted form behind, ignoring Sokka's calling for you

You slid down a wall and landed on the street of the village, trying to find Aang and Katara. As you turned the corner, Twig lifted his head and jumped off your shoulder.
"Twig! Where are you going?" You shouted for your bud, and followed him as he continued to turn corners and made his way into the palace.

"Air boy? Water girl? Yue?" You called out, figuring Twig had their scent. Turning a corner, you saw Yue run off, but Twig ran the other way to a hidden door. You debated for a moment and followed Twig, sliding inside to see a beautiful garden, where it was warm and peaceful, but as the moment it was not as you saw Katara fighting with someone else.

Someone familiar.

"PRINCEY!!"
____________________________________
Oooooooooo it's almost the end of book 1 y'all!!

Got art for your simps.