Epilogue: All You Need is Love (II) (Saturday)

Epilogue (cont):

All You Need is Love (II)

*****

~Saturday~

Alison and Emily barely spent any time together the next morning. They were too busy wrangling their daughter and spending time with everyone else.

Pam and Wayne tried to hide their elation about Alison's proposal, but they couldn't contain their excitement and they were acting weird. They realized they needed to be careful or they'd blow the surprise. At lunchtime they said they were going out for a bit, leaving the kids alone.

Emily fed Autumn her lunch and then changed into her motorcycle gear. She had promised Toby she'd drop in and say hi to everyone at the gym.

Alison was sitting on the floor with Autumn in her lap. Isaac was on the couch flipping through the channels on TV, trying to find something kid-friendly to watch.

"I'm heading out." Emily walked into the living room.

"Tell Toby I said hi." Alison waved as Emily reached for her keys and her helmet.

Emily had ridden her bike to town earlier in the week. Hanna drove her back to the city where they'd had a girls day with Mona, Alison, and Aria.

"Love you." Emily leaned down and planted a smooch on Alison's lips.

"Love you, too." Alison called after her as the brunette paced towards the door. "Drive safe!"

Alison peered around the side of the foyer. Isaac leaned over. They watched her go. As soon as the door slammed Isaac turned the TV off. He grinned at Alison.

"So...what did her parents say?" He asked.

"They said yes." Alison lifted her hands up to her chest and squealed in excitement.

Autumn mimicked her and threw in a "Yay Mama!"

"Good thing they approve considering you're proposing tomorrow." Isaac laughed.

She playfully slapped his knee. Then she smiled at him. She'd told him about her plans a few weeks back. She didn't want him to be blindsided by it. He had been excited for her and even offered to help in any way he could. They'd been conspiring together for weeks.

"This is weird." Isaac admitted with a laugh. He never thought they'd be friends.

"So weird." Alison nodded as she perched up against the couch, leaving Autumn to play with her toys on the blanket on the floor. "Hey, thanks for helping me plan this. Your idea to have Autumn bring us the ring was amazing."

"Yeah..." He leaned over and tickled Autumn's sides until she laughed. "We've been practicing that, haven't we, Little Bit?"

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a large plastic toy ring. He leaned over and picked Autumn up and walked to the other side of the room. Autumn looked at the toy ring in his hand and she reached for it.

Alison watched in curiosity as he gently put her down on her feet. He kneeled in front of the toddler.

"You know how this goes, kid." He smiled at her. "Take it to Mama." He motioned towards Alison.

Autumn turned around and walked towards Alison, ring in hand. When Autumn reached Alison she turned around and faced Isaac, waiting for his approval. He clapped in excitement.

Autumn's jaw fell open and a huge grin spread across her face as she handed Alison the ring.

Alison looked at Isaac in shock as she picked her baby up and kissed her on the cheek.