She lowly laughed out loud while looking straight ahead as Abigor couldn't help but shift his gaze from the boring painting to the beautiful woman beside him.

Something about her attracted him, like a bee to a flower, a moth to the flame. Her laughter was like music to his ears and he found himself smiling just by looking at her.

"Where's that little twerp?" he asked as she glanced at him and then slowly walked towards other paintings, he followed behind.

"Maybe with your little twat" she gritted out as his eyebrows raised up in surprise.

"Do you mean Karl?" he asked as she shrugged and moved on to another painting "He's at work right now" he said as she scoffed.

"Just like you are working right now"

He chuckled as his hands snaked around her thin waist, he could tell she worked hard to maintain it. He rested his chin on her soft hair and sighed out "I am working" he hummed as she gave him a glance from below "On us"

"Please" she laughed again as her eyes went back to the painting in front of them. A pure black canvas with no colours, patterns, designs, nothing.

"Why is it here anyway?" Abigor thought, he could never understand art and he never even tried to because it was just too "boring" for him.

But his pretty companion on the other hand stared at the painting with all her concentration, she didn't even notice his fingers rubbing dangerously close to her breast.

"What are you thinking?" he asked near her ear as his warm breath trickled her back to her senses and her hand immediately held his intruding hand near her breast.

"About the painting" her answer was simple, straight to the point.

"What's there to think about the painting? There's nothing anyway" he grunted out and caressed her waist while placing a small kiss on the side of her head.

He didn't miss the shiver that ran through her body as she leaned towards him more, trying to stable herself.

Oh, the things he wanted to do to her right now.

"That's what people would think. . ." she started as she once again stared at the painting ". . .the painting depends on the viewer, it can be anything you want"

He pulled his head away at her comment as he continued to look down at her. She looked up at him and smiled, the first real smile she had given him.

"It can be a battleground. Bloodshed, murder, stealing. If you stare enough you could even hear the cry of pain, of sadness, the red coating the entire painting. Houses blasting up into pieces, cries of a mother, of a father, of a child" she said all that without tearing her gaze from the painting.

She continued "You can feel the terror creeping through your skin, you can see your surroundings darken into an intense grey, you can feel your breath hitching as you struggle to breathe, your blood running cold, your heart almost stopping"

Abigor's eyes darkened at her observation as he pulled her closer to him. "What is up with her fucked up imagination?" he couldn't tell, but he could feel.

She was truly a mystery. So beautiful, so powerful.

"Or. . ." she breathed out while smiling softly "You can see a small house with the delicious aroma of home-cooked food, a mother singing happily, a father reading his newspaper while cracking lame jokes" she almost laughed as she continued.

"You can feel the warm feeling of home creeping up your skin, in the security of your abode. Right?" she looked up at him as her dark green eyes peered up at him.

He didn't know what to think as he heaved out a shaky breath "I still see black"

She laughed and slapped his shoulder lightly "Silly"

She walked away towards another painting, moving on so easily. Leaving the brooding giant standing near the blank painting, his heart pounding with his breathing ragged.

"Weapons don't feel"

He chose to ignore his father's words as his heart kept pounding at an abnormal rate. Aria looked over her shoulder and back at him with a confused look as to why he wasn't coming with her.

"Aren't you coming?"

He nodded curtly at her question as he forced his legs to move towards her. She started pointing towards the next painting while smiling and telling him something about it. He didn't listen to a word she said.

He kept staring at her, falling deeper and deeper.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

please vote and comment!